In total i have 5 damaged boxes
Base game original
Beyond the grave
Inferno
Hell of a box
Chaos dragon

Also some ingame items are damageg
Like cards rulebooks etc.
I am very sad about that, and wanted to know if there are more people which got damaged products.

pictures are coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't look at every picture, but the ones I did see I wouldn't describe as real damage. It is common to receive retail games with this level of minor denting and creasing. It's not realistic or practical to prevent 100% of such damage for anything that is shipped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While it sucks to have bnew games that aren't pristine, none of those look like anything that I would considered "damaged". Just normal wear and tear. My original Arcadia Quest box came with a pencil sized hole torn in the top of the box and I didn't really even complain about that. In fact, it makes taking the op on and off easier, lol. I forgot it was there at times until someone points it out to me.

It's one of the risks of having something shipped really. The only way to really avoid it is to wait and buy them at your local retail store where you can look at them first. Even then, games might show up at the store with small scuffs and dents like yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh, those are only minor defects. A bit of wrinkle in your box is common happenstance and will have zero effect on your game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ones I'd contact support about are the curled card corners and the long rip in the last box picture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Lanham
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
i can understand the cards, but the boxes and rulebook, thats just being beyond picky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Walk
Austria
Graz
Styria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Having payed for shipping, I honestly think RayneUltimate is entitled to a damage-free product... Even if all of you are okay with the damages shown in the picture, the resell value (and therefore the value of the product) is affected! I don't think it is about being picky at all. Especially when considering the price and shipping costs of the game!!

Personally, I would also be pissed and ask for replacements for everything that was damaged! The process (and effort) is the same for 5 or 10 damaged items... Further, depending on the customer service, I would think twice before backing CMON on KS again...

Honestly, I think it is okay to be picky and ask for an undamaged game! Especially when talking about a game the price of AQ:I + rather steep shipping (which, I know, CMON is not responsible for, but backers payed for that service and are entitled to expect and demand undamaged items)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First i didnt wanted to open the parts at all, thats because i first wanted to store them. I do already have a german version of the game.

But since they do not replace the hole damaged item i had to open every single box to check all the components.
That was around 2-3 hours of work.

After that i was really pissed of that there was so much damaged.

And all i wanted to know what others did get or think about it.

Paying around 600$ plus around 50$ shipping and getting such stuff is really not good.

Masmorra was also CMON but well packaged and protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmb
I second that the minor tear in the AQ box and bent card corners are the biggest of your complaints, but the small dents on box corners are going too far about being "damaged". I dont ever expect a game box that has been shipped around the world to arrive in pristine condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Da Hutz
Austria
Steyr
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they just have to protect them better.
Or why do we pay 60€ for shipping
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.