Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition Weight? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Does anyone know they exact weight of the Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition unopened as it arrived? I recently sold mine on ebay and the shipment weight of the parcel (including box, peanuts, tape) was 13 lbs 3oz. The buyer claims that it did not contain any of the realistic resource tokens nor metal coins. The retail version weighs 7 lbs according to Amazon, so it seems to me that the one I sold should have the extras or how else do you account for the extra weight, unless it is actually supposed to weigh 14+ lbs?
 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The ACE definitely contains the realistic resource and metal coins. And indeed is quite heavy. It also contains an art book and extra board extension, which add up to the weight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Khonnor wrote:
The ACE definitely contains the realistic resource and metal coins. And indeed is quite heavy. It also contains an art book and extra board extension, which add up to the weight.


Again, I need to know the exact weight.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know the weight, but since it was unopened, if it truely was missing those items and not the buyer trying to scam you by making yoy refund some of the money, then they should have no problem getting replacment parts from Stonemeier Games, as you would have had to yourself if you opened it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
dhc3po wrote:
I don't knwo the weight, but since it was unopened, if it truely was missing those items and not the buyer trying to scam you by making yoy refund some of the money, then they should have no problem getting replacment parts from Stonemeier Games, as you would have had to yourself if you opened it.


It was still in the factory shrink, and the buyer has not denied that. I have linked him the form for replacement parts, but I also contacted Jamey and he said to his knowledge no ACE has been missing components at that level before. Hence I would like to confirm the exact weight it should be as this would be (to me at least) close to definitive proof.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheProdigal wrote:
Does anyone know they exact weight of the Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition unopened as it arrived? I recently sold mine on ebay and the shipment weight of the parcel (including box, peanuts, tape) was 13 lbs 3oz. The buyer claims that it did not contain any of the realistic resource tokens nor metal coins. The retail version weighs 7 lbs according to Amazon, so it seems to me that the one I sold should have the extras or how else do you account for the extra weight, unless it is actually supposed to weigh 14+ lbs?


Sam, I'm laid up with a bad knee right now, just had surgery not too long ago. One my girlfriend wakes up, I will have her throw mine on a scale and I will let you know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition weighs 5.18 kg (11.42 lbs).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey,

Just because it is you I accept being beaten in my timing here. Just got done weighing mine though, 11.4 lbs here too
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
jameystegmaier wrote:
The Art Connoisseur Collector's Edition weighs 5.18 kg (11.42 lbs).


Thanks Jamey!

I don't know what to say at this point. What I shipped him was 13.2 lbs, 1.8 lbs more than the official weight, which makes perfect sense including the shipping box and packing. I have the shipping receipt to prove this. He has so far not claimed that there was some kind of filler weight used instead.

The only thing I can conclude based on the evidence I have is that I am being scammed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam: Have you tried asking him to take a photo of all components spread out on a table? If it is a scam (as unfortunate as it is, it appears that way), we might be able to catch his deception by certain details in the photo.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Jamey: In my ebay thread with him at one point he did say he attached such a photo, but it did not show up on my end. I haven't heard from him today, but I will follow up with him to try to obtain that photo if he does maintain his claim. Thanks again for you help.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you sent him an unopened, in shrink game then the onus is on him to contact Stonemaier Games for replacement parts. You could, as a courtesy, initiate the process with an email but obviously he will have to take the ball after that.

Im sure all it would take is an explanation and photos of the wrong parts in order for them to send the correct items.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck: That's true, the contents of the box are our responsibility. But in this case, this person has accused Sam of sending him the wrong stuff, which will result in a poor rating on Sam's eBay account (even though Sam has done nothing wrong).

Also, if someone filled out our replacement parts form saying that the art book, extended board, metal coins, and realistic resources were all missing from at the art edition, I would be highly suspicious of their request. There have been packing mistakes, but never to that extent (not even close).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're being scammed, there is NOTHING you can do about it. You can't "catch" them in their game. Just bend over and let them take whatever they want. Let me speak from experience -- ebay offers ZERO seller protection. If an ebay buyer wants to scam you, there is nothing you can do to protect/defend yourself. If the buyer opens a claim, stating that the item received was not as described, the onus is on the seller to prove otherwise. The problem is, there is no way to possibly prove to ebay that you shipped what you said you shipped. Ebay will side with the buyer 100% of the time. It doesn't matter if the buyer has zero feedback and joined yesterday, while you have 15+ years and 100's of flawless feedback. This is why I no longer sell on ebay.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Also, if someone filled out our replacement parts form saying that the art book, extended board, metal coins, and realistic resources were all missing from at the art edition, I would be highly suspicious of their request. There have been packing mistakes, but never to that extent (not even close).


I think the buyer is claiming that only the realistic resources and metal coins are missing. Is that possible?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Ross
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OverEngineered wrote:
If you're being scammed, there is NOTHING you can do about it. You can't "catch" them in their game. Just bend over and let them take whatever they want. Let me speak from experience -- ebay offers ZERO seller protection. If an ebay buyer wants to scam you, there is nothing you can do to protect/defend yourself. If the buyer opens a claim, stating that the item received was not as described, the onus is on the seller to prove otherwise. The problem is, there is no way to possibly prove to ebay that you shipped what you said you shipped. Ebay will side with the buyer 100% of the time. It doesn't matter if the buyer has zero feedback and joined yesterday, while you have 15+ years and 100's of flawless feedback. This is why I no longer sell on ebay.



Eh...maybe. What was the listing for? If it was Scythe in manufacture shrink, by the guys own words that is what he got. If it was 100% complete AND in shrink there is room for argument. Sooo...what was in the eBay listing?

Another question, if the guy is scamming, does Jamey have to deliver? Even he seems to feel off on this one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask the buyer to put the packaging and the contents on a scale all at once. As you have proof of the original weight and if he can't recreate that weight, then he's been caught and you can share that evidence with eBay. Although eBay can seem like they provide no protection, they are actually very reasonable if you actually explain things to them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Angevine
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This totally smells of a scam. perhaps message Jamey the buyer's details just in case (to ward off any underhanded replacement requests).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Thanks for all the interest in my debacle guys, it actually helps lift some of the distress.

I haven't heard anything from the buyer in the last 48 hours after my last reply stating that I delivered exactly what I listed (@Andrew), pointing out that he did not dispute that it came in factory shrink.

@Trevor: that's a good idea, but couldn't he just sneak some other weight in there without showing it? Perhaps if he took a video, adding each part to the scale one at a time haha.

Also, at first he claimed that "nothing from the kickstarter" was included (which I took to mean there was no art book). He seemed to backpedal from this somewhat in another reply, making a reference to the book, but the reply was a bit incoherent. Again, it all just smells super scammy.

I honestly don't care about my ebay seller rating, I just don't want this guy to get away with scamming me or Stonemaier games. I have a new respect for Jamey and all small game designer/publishers who probably deal with this stuff constantly, and Jamey does it with class.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you commented, Sam, because I heard from the buyer today (he doesn't appear to be aware of this thread). I asked for some photos from him, and he has since replied with photos of the components (including the art book, but no board extension, realistic resources, or metal coins) and a photo of the boxed game on a scale weighing 12 pounds. He claims that the package has a labeled shipping weight of 12 lbs 6 oz, so I asked for a photo to verify that as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Jamey, with regards to the shipping weight, the printed label I got off Ebay was for 12 lbs 6oz but the actual weight on the receipt the P.O. gave me was 13 lbs 3.4 oz. I asked the clerk and she said the discrepancy was fine so long as her computer accepted the package. I will email you an image of my shipping receipt. I find it extremely sketchy that he did no acknowledge the presence of the art book in his initial request for refund. I also don't understand how the boxed game could weigh 12 lbs if it is missing all of that content.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam: I agree that the omission of mentioning the art book was sketchy, and the weights do seem off.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam: I just noticed something in the buyer's photos that would indicate that he's actually telling the truth. The Art Collector's edition does not include wooden resource tokens (they're replaced by the realistic tokens). However, in the buyer's photos, the wooden tokens are there, packaged exactly as they would be in a retail edition.

So I actually think this might be a very rare case where an Art edition was mispacked at the factory. The art book is there, but not the realistic resources, metal coins, board extension, and promo power dials (I'm not sure about the promo cards). I'll work with Thomas to sort it out.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam S
msg tools
Avatar
Jamey,

I guess anything is possible, but you are without a doubt the king of customer service, as always. Thank you for your help.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald M.
United States
flag msg tools
Makes me want to sell my edition locally. Basically I would put on the sales contract that the buyer takes all responsibility to buy item "as is". The onus is on the buyer to get replacement parts as he has proof of a legit copy.

Having said that I don't really know what third party right are for replacements or warranties though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.