Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Carlson
United States
Cloquet
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.gametrayz.com/terraforming-mars-game-trayz-mat.ht...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup. I love my set. I really suggest getting the sticker add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
mavericklancer wrote:
Yup. I love my set. I really suggest getting the sticker add on.

Yes, I have them too with the stickers and highly recommend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
I have them but have yet to play the game but they look amazing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Green
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one also and also recommend it.

The only criticism I have is that there is not a place to mark "0" production for each resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacer
United States
Cobalt
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've used them and they are pretty cool. My friend who owns the game got the stickers and also used a magic marker in the numbers to make them easier to read.

Love that picture by the way - 21 energy production, 8 titanium production, 6 steel production, and 9 plant production. That would be pretty awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played in games with the transparent version of these without stickers (other people used them, I did not). People seem to like them but they make it hard to understand other players' board state:

1) Without stickers it's hard to see what is what.
2) The depth of the tray means you can miss stockpiled resources if you don't look carefully.

Interestingly the lack of a "0" production spot makes it easier to see if someone can't produce something at all.

I would not get these without the stickers for sure and am not convinced they are an improvement. If I do anything with my copy it will probably be to laminate the player aids (or reproduce them and put on thicker stock).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rocksnrolls wrote:
I've used them and they are pretty cool. My friend who owns the game got the stickers and also used a magic marker in the numbers to make them easier to read.

Love that picture by the way - 21 energy production, 8 titanium production, 6 steel production, and 9 plant production. That would be pretty awesome!

Also twelve Ecological Zones, and two Anti-Gravity Technologies (apparently without the necessary science tags), one of which has somehow acquired resource cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to hear the praise for them because last week we ordered 6 (in case there is an expansion adds a sixth player) with the stickers. They were out of the grey, so I ordered the white, but we don't mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave P
msg tools
I have a set of three with stickers. They are excellent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ferrier
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like them but prefer the tray from boardgameinnovation

(laser cut)-$7.75 a tray (clear only) + Shipping. You have to print out some matching player sheets from the geek but they line up great and peel the protective tape but they look awesome as well.
http://www.boardgameinnovation.com/terraforming-mars/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fsnam wrote:
I like them but prefer the tray from boardgameinnovation

(laser cut)-$7.75 a tray (clear only) + Shipping. You have to print out some matching player sheets from the geek but they line up great and peel the protective tape but they look awesome as well.
http://www.boardgameinnovation.com/terraforming-mars/

I played with one in the Terraforming Mars tournament at PrezCon; hadn't seen any before then. It works just fine, but when I started shopping around, I came across the ones in the OP image, and went with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Robinson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried the Broken Token insert? For basically the same price as five of the Gametrayz with stickers you get an entire insert plus the player boards. I'm still trying to figure out which option to go with, but the Broken Token one seems like the most bang for your buck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Clark
United States
Newbury Park
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a couple games with the acrylic trays, felt they could be a little bit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Yngve Palm
Sweden
flag msg tools
Nice!
The shipping cost to Sweden is outrageous though.

Hopefully I can them in my LGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Saenger
msg tools
I bought them, the german publisher schwerkraft ordered them but they were sold out 3 days after they were in stock. These Boards are great, though it was a pain to build the insert, but i am bad at crafts. They work really fine, though it looks a bit weird to see so much wood in a space game, maybe i ll paint them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Kyrkos
United States
Sunnyside
New York
flag msg tools
. . .
badge
It was the Police Patrols, snooping into people’s windows. The patrols did not matter however. Only the Thought Police mattered.
mbmbmbmbmb
trilamb wrote:
Has anyone tried the Broken Token insert? For basically the same price as five of the Gametrayz with stickers you get an entire insert plus the player boards. I'm still trying to figure out which option to go with, but the Broken Token one seems like the most bang for your buck.

We considered all three of the player tray options mentioned above and decided on the Broken Token for this reason (that it's more than just the trays). There are a few bits that feel superfluous, but the two inserts that hold the counter cubes and city/greenery tiles are helpful during play and reduce setup/breakdown time over bagging. The start player token and markers for heat, oxygen, and turns are a nice touch also. We've played two games with it so far and have concluded that this is our best Broken Token purchase yet. Highly recommended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
mintylish wrote:
trilamb wrote:

We considered all three of the player tray options mentioned above and decided on the Broken Token for this reason (that it's more than just the trays). There are a few bits that feel superfluous, but the two inserts that hold the counter cubes and city/greenery tiles are helpful during play and reduce setup/breakdown time over bagging. The start player token and markers for heat, oxygen, and turns are a nice touch also. We've played two games with it so far and have concluded that this is our best Broken Token purchase yet. Highly recommended!

Wonder how things will fit with an expansion - any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
indy lim

Minneapolis
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I ordered a set of the Gametrayz in Gray, but I have not received them yet. They look cool and space Age-y, which seems to fit with the theme. I imagine they're pretty thin plastic, do they bend appreciably in use or feel chintzy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Kyrkos
United States
Sunnyside
New York
flag msg tools
. . .
badge
It was the Police Patrols, snooping into people’s windows. The patrols did not matter however. Only the Thought Police mattered.
mbmbmbmbmb
ron42na wrote:
mintylish wrote:
trilamb wrote:

Wonder how things will fit with an expansion - any ideas?

I think there is enough room in the card rack for at least one card based expansion, especially if you don't sleeve. The first expansion is going to be a board though - very possible that the box won't close fully flat with another board in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried to paint these trays? I painted the Plant production section just to see how it holds up over time. I didn't use a layer of primer first and I am using the standard paints that one would use to paint plastic miniatures.

I feel like the tray will really stand out if all the different sections are painted to match the play mat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Counter
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I could use some help from someone who also bought the Gametrayz mats, but who has the stickers (I currently do not have the stickers).

I am visually challenged, and bought the clear trays under the mistaken assumption that the clear ones were made to "fit over" the existing game mats. I couldn't tell from the web site that this wasn't true. That's on me, though I do wonder about some "curious" web page design choices there that make the site a little inaccessible, but I'll leave it at that.

When I got the trays, I was puzzled as to why they didn't fit, but then said OK, well do they work independently, and while they may for most, I cannot see any numbers in the spots where you count resource production. Those with better vision tell me they are there but hard to read, even for them.

So the main question, then, is do the sticker sheets help this? Are the stickers for resource production kind of a one-per-area thing you stick to the bottom, or do you have to individually put each number on individually (the latter would be nightmarish for me).

Someone please let me know how one applies said stickers - if I have to pony up more money, I want to ensure I can actually use these trays; I cannot at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a set of the stickers on order but they have not arrived yet. I am going under the assumption that the stickers only cover the six production symbols that are on the tray. The first picture in this thread shows a tray in "space gray" with the stickers applied.

I will also note that the tray pictured in this thread makes the numbers appear to stand out a lot more than the example I received. I read a suggestion somewhere that a person took a fine tip sharpie or other black marker and filled in the number spots to make them more distinguishable. I am planning on filling the numbers in with a fine line of paint, if everything goes according to plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
heymondo wrote:
I could use some help from someone who also bought the Gametrayz mats, but who has the stickers (I currently do not have the stickers).

I am visually challenged, and bought the clear trays under the mistaken assumption that the clear ones were made to "fit over" the existing game mats. I couldn't tell from the web site that this wasn't true. That's on me, though I do wonder about some "curious" web page design choices there that make the site a little inaccessible, but I'll leave it at that.

When I got the trays, I was puzzled as to why they didn't fit, but then said OK, well do they work independently, and while they may for most, I cannot see any numbers in the spots where you count resource production. Those with better vision tell me they are there but hard to read, even for them.

So the main question, then, is do the sticker sheets help this? Are the stickers for resource production kind of a one-per-area thing you stick to the bottom, or do you have to individually put each number on individually (the latter would be nightmarish for me).

Someone please let me know how one applies said stickers - if I have to pony up more money, I want to ensure I can actually use these trays; I cannot at the moment.

The stickers don't clarify any numbers. They are only there to help differentiate resource types. Sticker sheet can be found here (you'd need one per tray). Applied, they look exactly as they do in the OP.

http://www.gametrayz.com/terraforming-mars-sticker-sheet.htm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the gray ones and feel that the numbers show up quite well as you can see here in my sessions yesterday where I achieved 52 money production near the end of the game...

I have used the paint pens that shake and rattle to fill in etched numbers on other things, but didn't feel a need for these trays (at least in gray).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.