Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The latest Kickstarter update provides a video that shows some of the customization and randomization options. I won't link it due to it being unlisted for now (only backers have the link), but I simply had to note one of the new ripple effects available:

"When it is time to vote, you may vote for the app instead of a player. If the app receives the most votes, no one is killed."

So this certainly puts a lampshade on that whole debate.

Now, this could be a Kickstarter-only option, so we don't know for sure that it will show up, but if it isn't, that means a lot of people that are simply playing that way due to the proper rule not being taught to them may soon discover their error once this shows up as the ripple in their game.

Regardless of whether the instruction is Kickstarter-only, if you do insist on playing with the center voting variant, I guess you can just turn this ripple effect off so that only the others happen. Still, perhaps the inclusion of the mode as a riple that shold only happen some of the time will change your mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a VERY weird ripple.

Again - waiting to see what all the ripple are - but I feel like they're supposed to give you an interesting dynamic. We know of the Time Loop and Silence effect - one radically changes the amount of switching and information and the other removes a way for players to communicate what happened.

This is a ripple that just gives you the option of a house rule that was introduced by players because of what they see as a flaw in the game. This ripple will be useless the majority of the time.

It just seems like a waste of the ripple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It gives you a rare chance of having that option, and it also has an interesting affect on a mind-game level. Will people do it just because they can? Different groups will handle it in different ways of course.

It is also very useful to the Tanner-type roles, especially Synthetic Alien. They now have a safe place to send their vote and don't need to worry about picking out others, unless they think the rest of the group is going to go for a center vote.

I really do like the idea of it being an option just sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see what is the problem. The designers have said that they do not like this feature always on (you may do what you want but it is not official)... But if course a random ripple allows On occasions... Then it is fine by then. The main difference is that You cannot count on it until the ripple occurs (regardless on whether it is KS exclusive or not)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.