Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ramsey
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
So I used the Cult of the Damned alternate ending to play a solo game of Cataclysm tonight with one character- I was the Black Knight. I used all 6 of the 'cultists', and I assigned each cultist a number from 1-6. When it was time to move a cultist each round, I rolled a d6 and whichever cultist's number was rolled, I moved that cultist one space closer to the Plain of Peril.

It was interesting- the game wasn't about getting a Talisman and reaching the Crown of Command at all, as I used the alternate ending as open information to set up the game from the beginning. The game was basically a race to defeat the 6 cultists before they got to the Plain of Peril.

I lost- I ended up getting killed by some monsters that double-teamed me after I managed to kill 3 cultists.

It was pretty fun, and challenging, and a nice variant away from trying to race to the Crown of Command.

There are plenty of ways to tweak this structure- you could raise or lower the starting number of cultists, you could play that you have to kill all the cultists before one reaches the Crown of Command instead of the Plain of Peril, etc.

Peace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am glad you enjoyed it! Cult of the Damned was my favorite ending to design in Cataclysm. I was a bit worried that it would be too far outside the other endings that existed, but I really wanted there to be a surprise co-op ending in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls