$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Beds & Bucks Gamers» Forums » General

Subject: Wednesday 8th rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell W
United Kingdom
Herts/Bucks
flag msg tools
Have a wen off for once. Someone opening at 5.30.
To be honest I fancy playing anything. Although would be up for Black Friday (with correct rules) and still want to give Last Will and Neanderthal a go.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
You're tearing me apart Lisa!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there with keys at 5.30. Bringing Days of Ire: Budapest 1956 which I am very keen to give a go. It plays best with three players, so I need two victims. I will also bring Santorini, which plays in ~10 minutes and is best with two players.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RussellW wrote:
Have a wen off for once. Someone opening at 5.30.
To be honest I fancy playing anything. Although would be up for Black Friday (with correct rules) and still want to give Last Will and Neanderthal a go.


I'm up for some Black Friday. I'll bring my copy. Also I'd like to try Last Will. Do you have it Russell?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MartinHorn wrote:
I will also bring Santorini, which plays in ~10 minutes and is best with two players.


I'd love to try this one as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm also up for Santorini

And will be bringing with me the new Buffy the Vampire Slayer game that plays up to 5
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
I know nothing of this Buffy game, James, but I do like a bit of Buffy, IYKWIM. Looks like I may be there for early doors but depends on other events at the moment.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pavey
United Kingdom
Thame
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to come along for the first time. Will hopefully be there between 6 and 630. Happy to bring along anything from my collection (list on BGG) if anyone would like or just join in with whatever is going
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
TuftyMcTavish wrote:
I know nothing of this Buffy game, James, but I do like a bit of Buffy, IYKWIM. Looks like I may be there for early doors but depends on other events at the moment.


I'd also be up for new Buffy .. Also happy to bring some other stuff along. Enjoyed GWT last week so happy to have another crack at that ...

Also my Anachrony has turned up - but I haven't even cracked the rule book on that so we would probably have to get up and running early for a learning game.

Also Railroad Revolutions .. Tommy and I have played that one once so we wouldn't be coming at it cold ..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Negotiator wrote:
Hoping to come along for the first time. Will hopefully be there between 6 and 630. Happy to bring along anything from my collection (list on BGG) if anyone would like or just join in with whatever is going


Welcome!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool another victim!

I will be there this week.

I'm up for anything but homo games like buffy the vampire slayer or any games that bum bandit James brings. Unless it's dark tales!

Although I am intrigued goo

Oh I will bring Abyss sauron
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I you guys are playing Black Friday, count me in. Now that we know all the proper rules the game should not last too long.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there about 7ish, but coming from Bristol so not sure exactly when. Happy to play stuff!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, should be there around 7-ish.
Managed to grab a copy of Insider if a few folk fancy a fun, quick game...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell W
United Kingdom
Herts/Bucks
flag msg tools
Guy/John

Any chance you can print
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/63374/black-friday-flow-c...
Might help us. My printers not working.
Also no I don't have Last Will, confident someone has it at the club.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gah. Not going to make it now after all.
Next time, Gadget, next time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
Another heaving evening!

I played Smash Up before moving on to a couple of games of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It didn't go well for us in either game. "Sunnydale, Tufty, SunnyDALE! Like it says on the board!"


3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I started off with 3 quick games of Santorini. I really enjoyed this gorgeous abstract. I now want my own copy!

We then had a fantastic game of Black Friday. This was the 1st time we got the rules spot on and what a great game it is! Once you crack the intricate steps each action can have it is a really good stock market game that feels realistic.

We then finished off with a game off On the Underground. For me this is an old classic that you don't see around too much. It's quite a light game that is fun to play but tricky to win.

On other tables I saw numerous games of The Grizzled, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Board Game, Smash Up, Patchwork, Chariot Race, Neanderthal and others that I cannot remember!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Wareing
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We managed to finish our game of Anachrony. After packing up, we got out, right on the dot of Midnight. Total playing time was about two hours, but this was preceded by punching out all the counters, and going through the rules. Packup involved deciding how to bag the bits ;-)

It's claimed to be about 30 minutes per player. So it should have been 90 minutes for 7 turns: 4 minutes per player, per turn. Once we'd got our heads around it, it played quickly, although we didn't: as the game progresses, it's possible to take many more actions (you start the game with 4 active workers, so 4 actions. I finished with 16, so potentially 16 actions), and of course, we were getting increasingly weary.

Would play again.
Or maybe we have...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wimble wrote:
We managed to finish our game of Anachrony. After packing up, we got out, right on the dot of Midnight. Total playing time was about two hours, but this was preceded by punching out all the counters, and going through the rules. Packup involved deciding how to bag the bits ;-)

It's claimed to be about 30 minutes per player. So it should have been 90 minutes for 7 turns: 4 minutes per player, per turn. Once we'd got our heads around it, it played quickly, although we didn't: as the game progresses, it's possible to take many more actions (you start the game with 4 active workers, so 4 actions. I finished with 16, so potentially 16 actions), and of course, we were getting increasingly weary.

Would play again.
Or maybe we have...


I'm liking the look of this one!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pavey
United Kingdom
Thame
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed games of Fortuna Chariot Race Joking Hazard and The Grizzled

Great to meet everyone. Will see you all next week
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
fatboyguy wrote:
wimble wrote:
We managed to finish our game of Anachrony. After packing up, we got out, right on the dot of Midnight. Total playing time was about two hours, but this was preceded by punching out all the counters, and going through the rules. Packup involved deciding how to bag the bits ;-)

It's claimed to be about 30 minutes per player. So it should have been 90 minutes for 7 turns: 4 minutes per player, per turn. Once we'd got our heads around it, it played quickly, although we didn't: as the game progresses, it's possible to take many more actions (you start the game with 4 active workers, so 4 actions. I finished with 16, so potentially 16 actions), and of course, we were getting increasingly weary.

Would play again.
Or maybe we have...


I'm liking the look of this one!


Plan is for Tommy, Chris and I to play again next week - but there's a spare seat...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Negotiator wrote:
Enjoyed games of Fortuna Chariot Race Joking Hazard and The Grizzled

Great to meet everyone. Will see you all next week


Good to meet you too. And next week we will let you keep your chair for the whole evening
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.