Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
Visit my blog: www.brettspielblog.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey

if i have improved a stat by two with tokens and i get an item, spell or artifact that improves a skill by 1 or 2, does it apply or not?
so can i get +4 due to improvement tokens and artifact oder is it capped at two for all reasons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Wenn sich eine Fertigkeit eines Ermittlers verbessert, nimmt er den
passenden Verbesserungsmarker und legt ihn mit der „+1“-Seite nach
oben unter seinen Ermittlerbogen.
Falls er diese Fertigkeit bereits verbessert hat, dreht er stattdessen den
Marker auf die „+2“-Seite.
^ Jede Fertigkeit kann höchstens zwei Mal verbessert werden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that it is capped at 2 for all reasons. From the reference guide, p7 'Improving Skills':
Quote:
An investigator cannot improve a single skill more than twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah but this is related to the tokens or not?
i cannot stand on a location improving a special skill all the time and improve and improve and improve it. this is capped at two.
but items or artifact don't improve a skill permanently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald
Germany
Dresden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can get +2 from the token plus the highest improvement from your items. Stacking items is not allowed.

An investigator can use only one card effect that provides a skill
bonus during each test (for example, an Asset that reads "Gain
+1 Lore"). If he has multiple card effects that provide a bonus, he
uses the highest bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a difference between Improving a Skill and getting a Skill bonus for that Skill. Improvements are capped, Skill bonuses "stack" with Improvements but don't stack with Skill bonuses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I cannot stand on a location improving a special skill all the time and improve and improve and improve it. this is capped at two."

Just checking, but you DO know that those location notes on the board do NOT AUTOMATICALLY grant a permanent skill bonus, but only indicate which skills are most likely to be improved by encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Durden
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
Brettspielblog.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i do now, but if i am standing there all the time (would not be wise) it would for sure improve more than 2 times

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:
i do now, but if i am standing there all the time (would not be wise) it would for sure improve more than 2 times

just to get everything straight again:
You can improve every skill a maximum of 2 times. So there can only ever be 1 (+2) improvement token on each skill on your character.
Items, Spells, Artifacts etc. can give you a bonus to a skill (like: +4 to strength during combat encounter). They count in addition to your basic skill plus improvement token. But you can only ever use the highest bonus for each skill.
So for example: strength 3 (base) + 2 (improvement token) +4 (item) = 9
if you have another item with +3 strength, it does you nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:
toerck wrote:

You can improve every skill a maximum of 2 times. So there can only ever be 1 (+2) improvement token on each skill on your character.
Items, Spells, Artifacts etc. can give you a bonus to a skill (like: +4 to strength during combat encounter). They count in addition to your basic skill plus improvement token. But you can only ever use the highest bonus for each skill.

Also, there are some assets/spells that give a +X to all skills (e.g. the cursed sphere artifact, the markings of Isis glamour spell).

These count as normal +X skill bonuses, so they do not stack with any other skill bonuses, but do stack with improvement tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anduin wrote:

Also... some cards say something like "add X die/dice when making a {skill name} test..."

Those do NOT count as a "+X" bonus and add their die/dice in addition to any +X bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, if you look at someone's Investigator sheet, the most "improvement" it can have is a +2 token next to each separate stat: +2, +2, +2, +2, +2. 5 of them. If you ever see a +1 and a +2 next to the same stat, for example, something is wrong.

It doesn't matter what type of effect gave you those improvement tokens, that's the max you can ever have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Kitching
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toerck wrote:

The best improvement that your skill can have is +2.

However, if your skill started with a -2 impairment, then you could improve it four times (for a final score of +2.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.