Following the Advice of Lefty McGrady Vol. 1

Chasing Lefty McGrady Vol. 2

Following the Path of Destruction Vol. 3

Hanging by a Thread Vol. 4

A Tall Tail Vol. 5

Mutant Quarter Bank Heist Gone Wrong

Father Patrick

Our Father whom art in Heaven…

Coins littered the path behind a pair of scampering dirt encrusted boots. One arm on a burlap bag from Brimstone’s Mutant Quarter Bank, another clutching a six shooter firing at the Rock-like Sheriff. I thrust my elongated purple appendage around his feet, and the bandit came crashing down. Next to him, a man and woman we’re cowering in fear. “Make it for that Saloon, there!” The woman ran toward the center of town, but the man toward the Saloon.

Hallowed be thy Name…

I leaped upon him and with two quick strikes with my tentacle arm, he was out cold. Currency spilled on the street. Shots were still ringing out from the Bank as more bandits tried to make a run for it. At that moment, Miller the outlaw, sprinted past and grabbed the money bag and put it his satchel..Robbing a robber, even he would get be that low… “FATHER!!!”

Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be Done…

Wood splintered above my head from the Saloon sign, these bullets we’re getting close! I ran toward the voice and so, little orphan Bo, was hit in the arm..burn marks from a lightning bolt. I patched him up and blessed him with holy water. Helped him up….PUNCHED in the gut…the shoulder, ahh..fell to one knee..thick blood dripped from chest from a few holes. Punctured like a piñata..things we’re going dark, gonna rest my head on this dirt pillow…

Sheriff McEmerson

“They shot up the Pastor!! AHHHHH!!” The Judge allowed me to get off three shots every time and I hit my target dropping two Outlaws no problem. But, someone needed to get the Pastor to cover. I took off in a sprint, but these janky legs just don’t move like they used to. Ever since we started spending town in this Mutant Town, the water started making my skin rock hard. I feel like I’m walking with Iron boots, but it doesn’t matter. A woman ran screaming through the town square towards Miller. Tentacles chased after her...

I’ve had a bullet bounce off this rock, multiple times down..Zing! See there goes another one. Three large steps and I was on top of the pastor out cold. Zing! Zing! Two more bullets bounce off my back. I threw Pastor over my shoulder and walked into the Saloon. Another bandit made a go for the town borders..I dropped him like a janky pile of rocks. Two bullets in each tentacle, and they fell. Set the pastor down on a table in the Saloon and gave him a few bandages…a whiskey finally woke him up.. “Father, you okay?”

“Ooska, trachelau, beausfzing!”

What was that? A purple hooded figure was walking past the window. He threw a lightning bolt at guy cowering near a window. An explosion of glass and fire, and the man was on the ground not moving. I saw Bo, the little kid run past the window by the socerer. Maybe that was his dad who just died? We will never know…

Miller, the Outlaw

You get a money bag! And, you get a money bag! And, you get a…”Why hello, missy!?!” Miller paused in the middle of picking up the fruit of a bank robbery gone wrong to grab the hand of a woman in need. GRRRRRRRRRRRR….jumping out of the void, a hound larger than a man.

“Sweet Jeebus!” I managed to get four shots off from each pistol before that beast was on me…his chest exploded all over me..then he was gone..Dang it…purple ooze got all over my bandana..” AHHHHHH! The lady screamed and pointed over my shoulder. Another hound..the same hound? I lit him up like a Christmas tree. Sweet Victor…oh no. Five bandits from the bank heist we’re right..stinking…THERE! Oh, wait, this is my old gang…”George, is that you?” BLAM BLAM BLAM….ugh…hit…not good. “FATHER!!” I forgot things hadn’t ended well with George. I stole his monkey when I left the gang. Long story…not feeling good. “FATH..er.” There’s that dang orphan..

Bo, the Orphan..

I saw the Sheriff slowly walking toward the center of town to help Miller, so I got behind him. The cover kept the bullets away, but that sorcerer! He was in my sights..Father Patrick, followed my trail. Limping along, he made his way to the Outlaw.. Sheriff started shooting so fast, it was like the gun reloaded automatically. Bullets bounced off his chest. Bandits began to fall. When we got to the Outlaw, Pastor got him patched up. Sheriff took care of the bandits. Then, there was just one more sorcerer.

It was a duel of epic proportions….a tumbleweed rolled across the street. They stood eye to eye. We had finally caught up to these jerks that caused all that destruction: the burning house, the train, the plague on the village. Lightning bolts flew, but the Sherriff had the upper hand. The sorcerer was on his last breath, hanging over a half wall near the saloon.

“You shouldn’t….have come here..You have been marked by the Lord of Beli’al, himself. Ever since, what your father did, Bo. You have been marked. You will all die….” Miller, shot him one last time.

“Everyone dies, not everyone lives.”

My father? What did he do? We have to find Beli’al. We saved the Mutant Quarters that day. Another good day. My parents would be proud, wherever they are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, a Void Sorcerer! I really wish we'd gotten one of those in our Town Overrun Mission!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:
Finally, a Void Sorcerer! I really wish we'd gotten one of those in our Town Overrun Mission!

Yeah! We actually had a bigger showdown the following week with the Void Magus himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.