Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Coffee Roaster» Forums » General

Subject: Hurrah, a new printing is coming! Planned for March 2017 (i.e., now) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flop Adrop
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
From an email I just received:

Quote:
...
I am Saashi, a game designer and the representative of Saashi & Saashi.
We're glad for you to consider purchase of our products.
You can purchase it from us directly.

However, "COFFEE ROASTER" became already out of stock now.
We regret that we can not send to you our games.

When we re-print "COFFEE ROASTER", we contact you again.
We plan the re-print in March, 2017.

If there are some problems, Please feel free to contact me.
Thank you very much for making time in your busy schedule.

Best Regards,

Saashi
Saashi & Saashi
saashiandsaashi+contact@gmail.com
http://saashiandsaashi.tumblr.com/english
https://twitter.com/saashiandsaashi
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a very Japanese email

I've been wanting a copy so I'm glad to hear it's coming rather soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same email some months ago (late 2016) when contacting them about the availability of their game.

Hopefully some stores will have it indeed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamelrha wrote:
I got the same email some months ago (late 2016) when contacting them about the availability of their game.

Hopefully some stores will have it indeed.


His new game Wind The Film is in the bgg store so I'm hoping we get a few Coffee Roaster games too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to figure out how to get a version printed in Traditional Chinese (the written language of Taiwan and Hong Kong). My wife is from Taiwan. I've already mentioned the game to her cousin, who is a non-gamer, and she said she knew the game--very unexpected.

If I can wait long enough, we'll probably visit her family at the end of the year. I wonder how many copies I should try to fit into my suitcase for the trip home.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cmmayo wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get a version printed in Traditional Chinese (the written language of Taiwan and Hong Kong). My wife is from Taiwan. I've already mentioned the game to her cousin, who is a non-gamer, and she said she knew the game--very unexpected.

If I can wait long enough, we'll probably visit her family at the end of the year. I wonder how many copies I should try to fit into my suitcase for the trip home.


I think you'd need a paste-up. AFAIK Saachi-san speaks only Japanese and English.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Fun Games publishes the Chinese edition: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/196526/coffee-roaster/ve...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just been to Taipei and bought a copy there. BGHut provides English rule book (but I bought it somewhere else)

If I remember correctly it costs 880 TWD.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Mayo
United States
Schertz
TX
flag msg tools
Have you paid your dues, Jack?
badge
Yes sir, the check is in the mail.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hokuto_su wrote:
I have just been to Taipei and bought a copy there. BGHut provides English rule book (but I bought it somewhere else)

If I remember correctly it costs 880 TWD.


That's what I was seeing on another thread (880 TWD = 28 USD). Evidently they were offering a cheap (slow) shipping option to the US that only added $17 USD. It sold out before I could get it.

But, like I said, I will be in Taipei in the next year to visit the in-laws. Yay! soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Cullen
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
Avatar
flopadrop wrote:
From an email I just received:

Quote:
...
I am Saashi, a game designer and the representative of Saashi & Saashi.
We're glad for you to consider purchase of our products.
You can purchase it from us directly.

However, "COFFEE ROASTER" became already out of stock now.
We regret that we can not send to you our games.

When we re-print "COFFEE ROASTER", we contact you again.
We plan the re-print in March, 2017.

If there are some problems, Please feel free to contact me.
Thank you very much for making time in your busy schedule.

Best Regards,

Saashi
Saashi & Saashi
saashiandsaashi+contact@gmail.com
http://saashiandsaashi.tumblr.com/english
https://twitter.com/saashiandsaashi



The way I'm understanding this is they are starting the reprinting process in March, not that they are receiving stock in March, correct? So is it reasonable to expect a restock around May?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Casper
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorrax wrote:
flopadrop wrote:
From an email I just received:

Quote:
...
I am Saashi, a game designer and the representative of Saashi & Saashi.
We're glad for you to consider purchase of our products.
You can purchase it from us directly.

However, "COFFEE ROASTER" became already out of stock now.
We regret that we can not send to you our games.

When we re-print "COFFEE ROASTER", we contact you again.
We plan the re-print in March, 2017.

If there are some problems, Please feel free to contact me.
Thank you very much for making time in your busy schedule.

Best Regards,

Saashi
Saashi & Saashi
saashiandsaashi+contact@gmail.com
http://saashiandsaashi.tumblr.com/english
https://twitter.com/saashiandsaashi



The way I'm understanding this is they are starting the reprinting process in March, not that they are receiving stock in March, correct? So is it reasonable to expect a restock around May?


Given Japan's proximity to China I would assume that's reasonable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Risser-Milne
United States
Mansfield Center
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news for one and all! I just received confirmation from a friend in Japan that it's printed and back in stock. (He sent me a photo of the copy he picked up for me and will be bringing to me here in the US shortly.)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Builder
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received this email from the designer.

Quote:

Reprint of "COFFEE ROASTER" was behind schedule,
but now printing is completed, stock resurrected on 30th April.
We are glad that we can deliver this news to you.

I am Saashi, a game designer and the representative of Saashi & Saashi.
We're glad for you to consider purchase of our products.
You can purchase it from us directly.

The second edition has some changes from the first edition, but it is a component change. There is no change in game contents, numbers, etc., there is no change in rules.

Changes from the first edition
· The size of the cup board has grown. (It became the same size as roast board)
· The back side of the board is in easy mode. (For beginners)
· Plastic blister (It became same specification as Chinese version)
· Coffee bean name changed partly (no numerical change)


If you'll pay shipping charge and a handling charge of PayPal, we may ship it off to your address.
I'll inform you of shipping charge and a value.
(Please pay that in Japanese yen of Paypal.)


COFFEE ROASTER : 4800 JPY

shipping charge and packing charge and handling charge
: US / North and Central America / UK / EURO / Oceania 2200 JPY
: South America / Africa 2700 JPY
: ASIA 1700 JPY

"For example an American case is 7000 JPY by the total."

2 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered my copy!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the bean cards and board have English translations in this version? Does it come with English rules?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Eis
Germany
flag msg tools
PM me your type of "Soul Food"!
badge
mhhh...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
xxeyes wrote:
Do the bean cards and board have English translations in this version? Does it come with English rules?


I think so because it's a reprint of the japanese version. I bought mine at Essen 2016 and the bean card have English translations and the rules were included as well (sleeved outside of the box)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Boyko
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.