40 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Shadows of Brimstone: City of the Ancients» Forums » General

Subject: Shadows of brimstone Player Console rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph B
msg tools
Would some of you be interested in a player console for SoB?
Such as something along the lines of this:

I was thinking of maybe adding circular slots to stack round tokens into as well.

I can 3d print them in Black, silver, blue, light grey, dark grey and even wooden filament that can be stained.

Im going to make them regardless, but incase anyone has any feedback and/or requests for features to it let me know asap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm curious to see where you go with this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Would it be more ideal for the console to fit the starting character class sheet or a certain size for one that your can print or write on? Is there official FF SoB sheets you can buy (blank)? Does anyone know the exact measurements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely would be interested. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Definitely interested; I'd like to see some SoB-specific mock-ups of what you're thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Im going to take some measurements tonight and see what and how much should the console hold.

Then ill do a mockup in sketchup, print one off to check that everything fits.

then I might even sculpt an ornate one, depends if I can get the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Funny enough, I was just thinking of wanting something like this in the last week or two but just wasnt sure how I would ever do such a thing.

The XP tracker in Z:BP is great, but not sure how practical it would be in SOB. I was thinking maybe a series of dials might work better going from
0-9 (although the last digit would always just need to be 0 or 5). It would be nice to have something nice for Gold and possibly Dark stone as well.

I love the right hand left hand thing that the pictured dashboard has and could easily be introduced into SOB. I also wasnt sure how to show level upgrade stuff. I like how its shown on the Z:BP and you simply mark it with a peg, but then comes the challenge of having to make a card with all the upgrades and the upgrades are rather more detailed and have a bit more text than those in BP but could probably still be done pretty easily.

It would also need a way to track the heroes stats such as their Strength, Lore, etc. I think if there were circular holes, the tokens that came with the Caverns of Cynder could just be placed inside of them and the stats tracked that way.

I have a lot of wishlist items for something like this. I would love to see a rough draft of what you are thinking though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
what would be ideal would be to make a blank character sheet that is the exact size of the SoB character class cards, that way people can use either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, that would be cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is something like that now that is in the back of the adventure book, but its really not practical at all.

It does have some of the stuff you need, but when it comes down to using it for all your stuff, its simply to small.

I did see this a while back that I think is on the right path, but still could use some work

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Thanks Brian, thats great, gives me more ideas to think about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S W

Texas
msg tools
mbmb
I would also be quite interested in some of these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo B.
Italy
Genova
flag msg tools
All right. Then, fine. The title is "Cheese Song". Eh-hem. Hn... Here I go:
badge
Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Rella Rella Rella Rella~ ♪ Pizza mozzarella~ ♪
mbmbmbmbmb
Another one interested thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Seidler
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one in the bottom is mine! You just gave me a kick to work on improving it (have an idea to make dials for the 6 skills and a possibility to slide the original SoB character dashboard inside the whole this (multilevel board using plexiglass).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Kavli
Norway
Brumunddal
Hedmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt MacEachern
United States
Phoenix
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely interested. Been using sticky pad pieces cut to fit character sheets and it's getting messy. Stacking the many cards vertically a la Zombicide BP is a great start, but there are so many attribute that get adjusted so many times you end up writing a journal. Maybe a recessed slot for a 20 sided die for each thing to track?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Well I guess there is definitely an interest. I has more ideas since yesterday. Will start on this soon.

Ill post screenshots and see what you guys think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Ok nothing exciting but just 3d printed a top interface to test my measurements:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Im contemplating putting in holes for pegs to indicate attribute number instead of showing it. I could do both, reveal the cards Strength, Agility, etc and put pegs to "add" to the total next to each attr.

Since it is already almost 8x6 as is, Im comtemplating making this modular. As in the ability to "plug-in" the vertical card stand module into the side or back as well as a optional plugin token holder module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
Please feel free to give as much feedback and suggestions as possible for what should be included or excluded as Im in the earliest stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wisdomknight777 wrote:
Im contemplating putting in holes for pegs to indicate attribute number instead of showing it. I could do both, reveal the cards Strength, Agility, etc and put pegs to "add" to the total next to each attr.

Personally, I think the more you can do at a quick glance the better. If I want to know what my Lore is, I would rather just see it at 5 instead of seeing the card show 4 and the peg at 1.

If you are going to see the player card, I would like to see the art work of the character. With how variable everything is, most of the information on the card will change except maybe the To Hit, Defense and Will Power. I think the other stuff could just be covered. I took some liberties in your image and made some adjustments in Paint (my paint skills are garbage).

I also like the idea of just using the tokens from Caverns of Cynder like in the picture I showed above. Maybe have the circle cut out so you can see the original values, but the circles are large enough to put in a token.

I think for the health and sanity you could use dials. I dont know how difficult something like that is to do with 3D printing though. Something like these are what I had in mind:

Obviously for Health and Sanity, you would need the numbers to go up pretty high, maybe as high as 40 or 50 although its possible to get higher than that but probably not likely. Sliders would probably work better in this case though and you would just have 2 sliders for Health and Sanity that could probably go much higher than a dial.

I think dials would probably work better for tracking XP and Gold as well.

Overall, its your project and these are just suggestions from the guy in the peanut gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, dials. Both for skills and HP / Sanity.
Cheers on the good work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph B
msg tools
great suggestion, thank you!
Prob not enough room for dials though.
I liked those number tokens, just didnt know where you got them from
How many comes with the Caverns exp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.