4 Posts

Artisans» Forums » Rules

Subject: Buy Resources Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katherine Roan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm working through my first play through and came up with a discrepancy. The Buy Resources card says 'and/or' other resources while the rules say 'or'. Can you buy more than one type of resource with a single Buy Resources action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Israel Waldrom
New Zealand
Dunedin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy more than one type of resource. The rulebook went through a number iterations during the competition that this game was part of, as did the cards, and unfortunately that entry in the rulebook wasn't updated to match the card at it's final submission, and hasn't been revisited yet.

This is confirmed by the rulebook itself, at the end when it lists variants on page 7 to increase the difficulty, and gives the optional rule of buying a single type of resource when using the Buy Resource card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Alton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Paper 'Mech - winner 'Best Overall Design' in the 2016 1-page PNP Contest
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the rules could use a revisit. There's also a question about what happens when the scores are tied at the end of the main game. It's on my 'to-do' list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katherine Roan
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks again! I'm still working on the tutorial game and haven't gotten that far in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.