Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Wits and Wagers with a room full of people and it's worked pretty well except for the getting up and betting part. I'm ideally looking for some sort of game that people can do while seated that plays teams. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the obvious answer is:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/2989/werewolf-...

But, I think you are looking for more of a 'traditional' party game?

Does pass papers around cause you grief? What about a score board that could be managed by one person?

Sending one or two people to the front at a time?

Room full more then 12?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two Rooms and a Boom, but you actually need two rooms for that whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
Well the obvious answer is:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/2989/werewolf-...

But, I think you are looking for more of a 'traditional' party game?

Does pass papers around cause you grief? What about a score board that could be managed by one person?

Sending one or two people to the front at a time?

Room full more then 12?

Passing papers/answers shouldn't be difficult. I can use mini whiteboards as well for that sort of thing. Scoring isn't hard, can have a big poster flip board (this is in an office-like environment). A pair of people would be better. For wits and wagers we had 7 people coming to the front at once and it was a bit of a mess.

Yes, closer to 20-25.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think most party games start to break when you get into the teen's and above. I'll sub to see ideas as I am coming up blank.
While I never thought it possible, a Captain Sonar tournament, with six teams of four would be an awesome thing to see in action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hauser
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could play Balderdash with a fairly large group but I definitely see it breaking down if it gets too large.

Any of the trivia games can be setup for large groups by making people into teams. This might also for for drawing games like Pictionary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
endofturn
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mls5stokes wrote:
I think most party games start to break when you get into the teen's and above. I'll sub to see ideas as I am coming up blank.
While I never thought it possible, a Captain Sonar tournament, with six teams of four would be an awesome thing to see in action.

Haha, while that definitely does sound fun I'm also constrained a bit by like a 30 minute timeframe.

What I'm doing is having a game or activity during a meeting in order to reward a small prize to the winning team. This is at work with a mixed group of ages and such. Wits and Wagers worked out really well when I did it, it was just a bit cumbersome in practice. Particularly the Wagering part when I had 7 people come up and crowd around to place bets, then have to come back up to get their winnings or bet chips. That whole process seemed like it added 5 minutes a question to the activity.

Balderdash is a good suggestion. I can do 6 teams with that, and it doesn't require too much rejiggering with the rules.

Scatergories also comes to mind. That is something any group of people could be able to handle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve C
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tzer wrote:
Two Rooms and a Boom, but you actually need two rooms for that whistle

Or two sections of room where the "rooms" can't hear each other.

Also, don't try playing this in an airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/videos/review-cat-on-yer-he...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Apostle Green
United States
Lake County
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
That is not dead which can eternal lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Telestrations has an edition that supports up to 12 players, and you only need be within reach of the people to your immediate left and right (it's a "pass-the-books-around-the-circle" setup.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Buchanan
China
Shenyang
Liaoning
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricochet Robots can cater for large numbers, as long as everyone can see the table. In fact, with more players it tends to get more competitive and there's more pressure on the announcing player to remember their route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than Wits & Wagers, I can't think of much that does teams well.

Things ... can work fairly well if you have a large whiteboard/chalkboard. However, as with most free response social/party games, know the people you are going to be playing with before you play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.