Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

The Colonists» Forums » Rules

Subject: I think we need a FAQ! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First let me say we are loving this game!
Second, I would appreciate a comprehensive FAQ posted somewhere clarifying the many little details people are uncovering. This includes:

Industrial Colony card - Era 2 - should read 1 wood, 2 clay > 1 Brick. The reference guide states this correctly, the card is incorrect.

Symbol on Factory/Industrial tiles - not the same as a Tool and does NOT give a tool discount.

Altruist Colony - Cannot be used to hurt other players, therefore does not reduce the cost of fees to other players when sharing places.

Factories - does not increase the production of gold producing buildings.
This is clearly in the rules, but we missed that rule the first game we played and someone won by a lot.)

Im sure there are many more, if so lets try to get them all in 1 reference place! : )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trigonomical wrote:

Altruist Colony - Cannot be used to hurt other players, therefore does not reduce the cost of fees to other players when sharing places.


The Altruist does not discount the fee, period.


P.S.: The latest "Neues vom Ausguck" issue features an extensive FAQ section in German. It seems we might need to translate this one as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geppo Muzzak
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Trigonomical wrote:

Industrial Colony card - Era 2 - should read 1 wood, 2 clay > 1 Brick. The reference guide states this correctly, the card is incorrect.


The reference is the appendix. In the appendix the era 2 power is 1w+1c=1b. The only error on the colony card is for era 1 power (1w+1c=1b where it should be 1w+2c=1b). I've read explanations posted before and it looks like era 2 is correct: 1w+1c=1b. Only the era 1 text is wrong on the colony card.

Quote:
Symbol on Factory/Industrial tiles - not the same as a Tool and does NOT give a tool discount.


I don't get it... the symbols are the pick and shovel (plus the food basket). Nothing to do with tools. It has to do with production (pick and shovel) and sustenance (food basket) buildings. The industrialist doesn't affect sustenance buildings only production. Neither affects money grabbing at the end of the year (dollars are not technically produced, in fact there's no pick and shovel on the Pub for example) as you said.

Quote:
Altruist Colony - Cannot be used to hurt other players, therefore does not reduce the cost of fees to other players when sharing places.


He gets part of the fee from the bank: courtesy of the alchemist.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
roger cox
United States
Spartanburg
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amen. A German Q&A would be as worthless as a screen door in a U-boat.

Ponton wrote:
Trigonomical wrote:

Altruist Colony - Cannot be used to hurt other players, therefore does not reduce the cost of fees to other players when sharing places.


The Altruist does not discount the fee, period.


P.S.: The latest "Neues vom Ausguck" issue features an extensive FAQ section in German. It seems we might need to translate this one as well.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The English FAQ is in a separate thread here on BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.