Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was curious if Blood Bowl was ever an official part of WBC? Seems like it would be a good venue for a "tournament" and with the new edition recently having come out, perhaps time for a trial? Well, in 2018 maybe.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant LaDue
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm aware of. It would have to be sponsored to get in this year, presuming there is still time for that.

Off the top of my head, I'd imagine that the biggest problem is that you need one copy of the game *and two teams* for each play. Either the GM would have to have extra teams available and/or each player would have to bring a team. Not insurmountable, but it might be inherently limiting on the response. Are there cardboard equivalents for the mini's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
jerkules wrote:
Was curious if Blood Bowl was ever an official part of WBC? Seems like it would be a good venue for a "tournament" and with the new edition recently having come out, perhaps time for a trial? Well, in 2018 maybe.....

I would give Blood Bowl a trial vote.

Thoughts as to how the format would look?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robb wrote:
jerkules wrote:

I would give Blood Bowl a trial vote.

Thoughts as to how the format would look?

Most Blood Bowl tournaments are Swiss-style, so I could foresee doing it that way, or using the first few days to do multiple heats and using the results to seed a top 4 or top 8 bracket to be played later in the week.

And yes, like any 2p game having enough copies would be the trick, but as usual preference would be given to anyone bringing their own copy (and own team). That said, new players would be welcome, there would just need to be a ready supply of extra teams. You don't necessarily NEED minis, you could use pretty basic numbered markers to differentiate between players. And extra "fields" would be easy enough, it's a pretty simple grid you could print on some large paper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.