Subject: Anchor icon on cards and actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Tullis
United States
Hamilton
Ohio
flag msg tools
I have played this game once. Hoping to play again this weekend.

The way I am reading the rules, it appears that a player only does one of the actions listed on page 6 when that player has an anchor icon on your card.

The rules read: "A card with an anchor allows the player to make a stopover, which consists of the actions described below."

The actions are:

Dedicated island: Place knights and/or paint cubes
A player's own harbor: Unload paint cubes
Another player's harbor: Load paint cubes and/or deploy a diplomat

The cards with an anchor became extremely valuable when we played, because this was the only way to perform these actions.

Did we play wrong? I am starting to wonder if the players as allowed to do these actions on every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just received this game and have only read the rules and attempted a single mock play through so far. I have also arrived ata similar quandary and tenitive conclusion. But, I would also appriciate a clarification.
Thanks you for your intiative in posting the question..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almaju Madjur
Mexico
Morelia
Michoacán
flag msg tools
mb
You can perform the actions every time you make a stop, as set by the rules.

"Whenever a ship stops, the player may perform various actions, depending on the location:" (With the anchor symbol you can stop two times)

The card with an anchor symbol, allows you to make an intermediate stop (ie an additional action).

"A card with an anchor allows the player to make a stopover"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
[[img]https://boardgamegeek.com/jswidget.php?username=Krsnaji&numitems=5&header=1&text=title&images=medium&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=left&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1[/img]
mbmbmbmbmb
almadjur wrote:
You can perform the actions every time you make a stop, as set by the rules.

"Whenever a ship stopover, the player may perform various actions, depending on the location:" (With the anchor symbol you can stop two times)

The card with an anchor symbol, allows you to make an intermediate stop (ie an additional action).

"A card with an anchor allows the player to make
stopover"

I understand that "when" a ship stopover you can do x, y, z. The question here is not wither it can ever stopover and what it then can do. The question at hand is when is that stopover is allowed. The anchor symbol would be superfluous if you can stopover at will. If that were the case you wouldn't need an extra opportunity from some card you bothered to gain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Almaju Madjur
Mexico
Morelia
Michoacán
flag msg tools
mb
Without the card you can only make one stop (final), and then perform an action.
With the anchor card you can make two stops, the first (stopover), make an action, and then move to the second stop (final), and perform the second action.

In both cases you can not exceed the distance allowed by your wheel symbols, between the start of your move and your final stop.

"For each depicted wheel, the player can move his ship one step"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.