Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR NOT DOING EARLY BIRDS!

WOOOHOOOOO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
mb
shallowz wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO
Did this need a thread?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt they are gone for good. They still want people chomping at the bit for the "FUNDED IN 5 MINUTES" marketing, and while this one will fund fast, if they were to can EBs altogether for future CMoN KS', there'd be no impetus for backers to rush-back in the first minutes.

And hey, this saves them 10K.

Call me a cynic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X Topher
United States
Highland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So...you were logged on, waiting for the second the KS to pop up, and were elated to see there wasn't some kind of reward for your dedication? Umm...ok?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!!

Happy to see it. Encourages me to back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind that there is no EB level. I do mind that they didn't let us know in advance. Caused some unavoidable frustration for backers (and them). Over an hour $800K in and they can't even log on to update the stretch goals. This was not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Roberts
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EB are fine for smaller companies needing momentum. CMON is no longer that company; they get $1M+ within hours. Their objective will be to kill you by add-ons later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phildinius wrote:
shallowz wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO
Did this need a thread?

Yes. It has been requested and deserved by the community for a while. Streamlines everything, more fair, frustrates backerkit and the poor people who feel the need to sit there and refresh. Just better for the industry. Lots of people have been requesting this for the last couple KS's now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind early birds so much. I just wish they'd hit their shipping deadlines on the back end (or even be close)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Westblade
Australia
Sebastopol
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronster0 wrote:
I don't mind early birds so much. I just wish they'd hit their shipping deadlines on the back end (or even be close)...

Rum & Bones 2nd Tide met their deadlines for shipping, at least for the core game.

But I think shipping should ALWAYS be taken as a very tough and often optimistic estimate. There too many things that can go wrong to be anything else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frch0603 wrote:
phildinius wrote:
shallowz wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO
Did this need a thread?

Yes. It has been requested and deserved by the community for a while. Streamlines everything, more fair, frustrates backerkit and the poor people who feel the need to sit there and refresh. Just better for the industry. Lots of people have been requesting this for the last couple KS's now.

So you are assuming that "lots of people" means all? Interesting. How do you define "lots"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do realize that since CMON doesn't need EB to hype this game, it just means more money for them right?

They could have easily said no EBs in advance, but they didn't. This gave them all the benefit of people trying to get EB pledges on day 1, and they get to keep the money they would have discounted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F
United States
Willmar
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
frch0603 wrote:
phildinius wrote:
shallowz wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO
Did this need a thread?

So you are assuming that "lots of people" means all? Interesting. How do you define "lots"?

The response is in regards to whether this deserved a post or not, not whether the no-early bird policy should have been adopted. The activity attracted by this thread I would say justifies its creation. I base my lots on the several posts I saw during Smog asking for them to get rid of early birds. I would say I saw less posts asking for the early bird to continue in the debates in comments I saw during the campaign. Also, since RS has started, I have seen several comments commending them on no early bird, with only a couple comments expressing the opposite. Nowhere in my post did I say lots = everybody. I would not even go as far to say the lots means majority, but it is clearly a substantial portion of the community that thinks its a good idea, and apparently CMON agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Early birds always rub me the wrong way even if i get into one. I always feel bad for those who did not get it. Early birds are just bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stevenson
United States
Springfield
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also happy to see no early birds (true for all KS campaigns for me). I am almost never sitting there meticulously tracking when a KS is going to go live so I can grab an early bird. I am always the person looking at the project at some later date, and seeing that I have to pay more for the game that some other people did. And that makes me feel a bit hosed if I then back at the higher price. Which makes me less likely to back the project.

I'm not saying my feeling hosed is necessarily rational. And I get that the company is potentially getting something of value from the early bird backer so there's a reason why they're only offering that lower price at that time. And it may well be that the publicity/momentum boost from attracting early birds far outweighs the number of lost sales from grumpy people like me.

But lower pricing I can't get by the time I'm looking at the project still makes me less likely to back, and I'm glad when there aren't any early birds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Avelar
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am happy because this has left a bad taste for some previous games. Also The retail pledge really helps make this a better deal for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They've replaced early birds with "exclusive pledges" for retailers at a 40% discount. But hey, if you're happy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:
They've replaced early birds with "exclusive pledges" for retailers at a 40% discount. But hey, if you're happy...

Yes i am very happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon
Germany
Passau
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are happy to pay more? Good for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rush
United Kingdom
Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
madaxer wrote:

They haven't replaced Early Birds at all!!! , they have just done away with it because the backers as a majority , "yes majority" , have asked for it not to be included.

Why on earth should 1000 people get it cheaper than everyone else?
Do you think that you deserve it cheaper because your browser refresh's faster than other people's , of course not.

Everyone who wants to contribute and help make this game a reality should pay the same price.

The interest for this game was through the roof and it was going to get fully funded within minutes , so there is no need for an EB.
It was on their earlier games , as it may not as been so clear cut that the game was going to be fully funded.

I originally posted a month before to ask CMON not to EB rising sun https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1720511/cmon-please-listen and a lot of people agreed but a few poo poo'd my suggestion saying that it would never happen due to marketing reasons , well maybe they had already decided that there would be no EB but maybe they just listened to there backers and yes I'm happy too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am not pro-EB, I think envy masquerades under the banner of "fairness" at times.

FWIW if another's person saves $10, I'm happy for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Telrak wrote:
frch0603 wrote:
phildinius wrote:
shallowz wrote:

WOOOHOOOOO
Did this need a thread?

Actually he's assuming "lots of people" means lots of people, you're the one assuming his words mean something different. I find it funny that someone posted a thread targeted squarely at the publisher (I mean, look at the title) and people are upset at this person's joy.

I'm with you Robyn, while I love the idea of getting the game cheaper I feel early bird levels frustrates backers. To CMON if anyone from there reads this, thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Purvis
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
I have a question, and apparently you can only post on the Kickstarter forum if you have backed.

Are all the stretch goals going to be included in the Core Box or will you have to pay extra on top of the $100 to get the kickstarter exclusives? I noticed some say specifically that they are included in the Core Box, but others don't say it like the Monsters. If you do have to pay extra what is the ballpark cost?

Thanks,

CP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
CitizenPrime wrote:
I have a question, and apparently you can only post on the Kickstarter forum if you have backed.

Are all the stretch goals going to be included in the Core Box or will you have to pay extra on top of the $100 to get the kickstarter exclusives? I noticed some say specifically that they are included in the Core Box, but others don't say it like the Monsters. If you do have to pay extra what is the ballpark cost?

Thanks,

CP

Stretch goals are included. Ks-Exclusives also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until the Add-ons are revealed, everything shown so far is in the base pledge (plus shipping). They'll come in their own physical boxes though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.