12 Posts

Firefly: The Game – Crime & Punishment» Forums » General

Subject: Incorrect spelling rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cannon Wolf
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if GF9 will notice this, but there is a misspelling on an Alliance Alert card.
The card is "Privilegde Suspension". It should be spelled "Privilege", without the D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already noted this in another thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh, keep looking. You're not done yet. :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would do no harm to collect all the spelling errors in one place, in case GF9 ever does a second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well here is the other one I found.

Don't forget the one on the setup card Alliance High Alert either that was previously spotted...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just opened my copy, and though I know I'll enjoy playing it just as I love the rest of this game, every time I see the little spelling errors and mistakes in the game it's like nails down my brain-blackboard Little things like Niska's knife symbol being in different orientations in different expansions isn't so bad, but for crying out loud GF9, do you not have a basic quality control phase? Even running your text through a basic word processor with rudimentary spell/grammar check would lead to spotting clangers like "Fork in the Road: Meet Back on the [Ship I presume...?] After - Draw 2 Misbehave Cards one for each each team.". That one is even reprinted in the gorram RULEBOOK to demonstrate the incompetence

Sorry GF9, I adore the game, but these errors are just so disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped looking when my group decided that C&P was too painful. wow

They gave it a big thumbsdown so now we don't use it...

Not even the Alliance Alerts which I quite took a shine to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Not exactly a spelling mistake, but has anyone noticed that on the set-up and story cards with C&P the set symbol is left-to-right inverted from in the rule book?

Now am I being just too picky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the symbol on the bottom right of the back of the box too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
UpStarter wrote:
Now am I being just too picky?
Not really, if publishers aren't taken to task and held to a high standard we'll end up with the way how software publishers work - ie push out buggy, shoddy products and let the users do the testing

At least with software it's relatively easy to update, whereas with physical products like games it's a lot more problematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rhys
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mouldybanana wrote:
Not really, if publishers aren't taken to task and held to a high standard we'll end up with the way how software publishers work - ie push out buggy, shoddy products and let the users do the testing

At least with software it's relatively easy to update, whereas with physical products like games it's a lot more problematic.

That's the part that puzzles me about how this happens in the first place, I'd have thought that in an industry where you can't release patches to your game, a "measure twice/thrice/four times for safety, cut once" ethos would be pretty standard, with quality control of spelling and grammar and consistency being a major thing.

And if not, gorram it, why not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rowley
United Kingdom
Stafford
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UpStarter wrote:
Not even the Alliance Alerts which I quite took a shine to.

Just a "heads up" to let you know that when you thought you were getting the hang of Crime & Punishment there are some new Alliance Alerts on the horizon.

Watch out for a new thread/announcement soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.