Mario Goorden
msg tools
Are guards allowed to stop their movement on the landing zone (white circle) of a drop, thereby blocking a drop ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also interested in the response

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Caram
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I have searched the rulebook and there is no answer to this question. I have no idea why these circles exist, but we play that a guard CANNOT stop their movement here. This would make it almost impossible to accomplish a successful escape attempt - the guard would simply have to stay on that space and the Escape Officer would do all that work for nothing. It's hard enough to make an escape happen - this would make it almost impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marac408 wrote:
I have searched the rulebook and there is no answer to this question. I have no idea why these circles exist, but we play that a guard CANNOT stop their movement here. This would make it almost impossible to accomplish a successful escape attempt - the guard would simply have to stay on that space and the Escape Officer would do all that work for nothing. It's hard enough to make an escape happen - this would make it almost impossible.

Why do you play that a guard cannot stop on those circles, as the rules DO allow a guard to do exactly that? It's very possible for an escape route to go through that circle despite the presence of a guard... that's why the "Force Arrest" rule exists!

Escape from Colditz requires teamwork. Have one POW "take one for the team" by entering that guard's spot to force an arrest, thereby sending the guard back to the CC office, then the coast is clear for other POWs to use that route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Infinger
msg tools
The white circles are simply there to show you where the "exit" is for that escape point. It shows you where your escapee must be placed after cashing in the appropriate card or after completing that passage. This said, any guard can loiter under that ledge, window, or alley exit if they like because they are "suspicious"... some pigeon will just have to bite the bullet and provoke them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.