GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,463 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Warhammer Quest: Shadows Over Hammerhal» Forums » Variants

Subject: Lord of Plagues Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Russell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Following my work on Slambo I decided I had to add one more adversary model to the game that fits the Hammerhal theme and one I am definately going to buy. He is the Lord of Plagues who really should have official adversary rules in the game I think. In case these never come, here is my initial work on a set of rules which are built off the hero and warscroll rules for consistency but do require some testing still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Initial thoughts.
So cool you turned this guy into an adversary.
It makes sense to have the PB retinue and the behaviour table looks good too.
However based on my (tiny) experience creating exotic adversaries for ST I think that his vigour might be way too low. Even Heralds of Tzeentch has vigour: 12.
I realise that this guy has the regeneration ability but I seriously doubt that he will ever get to use it before he is slain. Even if I am wrong, healing a single wound a turn wont do much of a difference.
I would begin testing him at Vigour: 15, regenerating 1D6 wounds per turn.
Remember there are no more than 4 PB to keep him from being run over by high damage actions, skills and destiny dice.

But keep in mind I have yet to try Hammerhal..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Russell
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a good shout on the vigour - working out other rules have been ok, but the vigour comparing to warscrolls has been much trickier to find a link. Lets make him a bit more boss like and see how he goes - I have not tested battles properly so vigour is one area that may need tweaking with feedback. Bearing in mind he doesn't come alone it will need some working out.

Oh and a big thank you for doing an adversary template - I did use that as a backdrop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
crusaderlord wrote:
Its a good shout on the vigour - working out other rules have been ok, but the vigour comparing to warscrolls has been much trickier to find a link.

Yeah it's not really easy to figure out how GW got their vigour values either. Appearently sometimes they double a warscroll's wound and other times the vigour is equal to or even lower than the warscrolls. Also warscroll's usually have saves also so the Vigour have to somehow compensate for that.
But what I do know is that even for a AOS Hero the Nurgle Lord has a high wound profile so like any Nurgle dude he should be tough but slow.
Which I believe the 15 wounds represents better.
During the testing of the Tzaangor Shaman I did with Leith Hathaway (Hath22), I quickly realised that players will often come at the boss with everything they got and ignore his followers untill he is dead. This means that he will find it very hard to survive even the first round of combat unless the ST group did something less smart, like exploring a room to find the Exotic Adversary midturn or while severly wounded. The result will often be that the real threat from a boss fight comes from the bodyguard the heroes ignored.
However should the Boss get to survive one or even two rounds, things will get really interesting and tactical for both the GM and the Heroes. That was the most fun tests. After I startet working on the mini bosses (currently working on the Changeling) it became mandatory for all of the Exotic Adversary bosses (Herald, exalted flamer, Changeling etc.) to have a strong retinue in all of our games of Silvertower.
Looking at the Hammerhal rules it looks like GW has kinda reached that conclussion too since heroes face up to ten adversaries now compared to the usual one per player as for most ST attacks.
Anyway this became a bit more detailed that I intended however I hope you find some use in some of it

crusaderlord wrote:
Oh and a big thank you for doing an adversary template - I did use that as a backdrop.

Oh that was all Hath22's work I had nothing to do with the visual parts and couldn't work Photoshop if my life depended on it

BTW There is a guy on tgacommunity who has made untested profiles for a Herald of Nurgle, Nurglings and Plague drones too. If interested then please help him out testing some of these. With all of your guys combined work I guess we all should be able to create nurgle missions in a short while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolf Maier
msg tools
That looks really great.
Is there any chance that you provide an empty adversary sheet to us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Craig
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
The "Blightlord" special ability seems redundant. Wouldn't it make sense to have his base attacks increased by one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis - Personal
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used this and the Slambo adversary during our last Silver Tower session. I used an old school Chaos Warrior from Heroquest for Slambo. The other players got a huge kick out of how the old models compared to the new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:

BTW There is a guy on tgacommunity who has made untested profiles for a Herald of Nurgle, Nurglings and Plague drones too. If interested then please help him out testing some of these. With all of your guys combined work I guess we all should be able to create nurgle missions in a short while.

Is there any chance you could direct me to this post? haven't been able to find it but greatly interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I found a post that pointed me to this blog post that linked to a number of player created adversaries... on tga.community and BGG.

But definitely didn't find any reference to Homebrew Nurgle on the Warhammer Quest tga.community site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

http://www.tga.community/applications/core/interface/file/at...
Here it is. Sorry for late reply. As it is said in the intro. It is all of the currently START COLLECTING BOXES and everything is untested.

Its just a long document so it makes sense that everytime some of these adversaries has completed testing, they should be put into a more official looking adversary sheet.

Enjoy..

BTW.. I have nothing to do with This project I am just sharing the love for the community to pick up on so we might have lots of monsters to fight in the future dungeons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan x
msg tools
How did you make this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finally got around to test the Plaguelord Exotic Adversary.

I think he is faily balanced however I recomend that his exotic adversary group consists of him + 3 Blightkings. That should intensify the boss fight a bit as Plaguebeares are very poor fighters.

You can read about my testing here if you like:

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/8419-custom-exotic-adv...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.