IV - 4, Barbarian
V - 3
VI - 2
Ships - II + III

++Turn 1 -
Green: Clear Revolt and drop Token on V -3

BA: IV-4, BA's both fail to move over Rough Terrain

Yellow: Clear III-3, Drop Token, move to III

BA: III-2, Britannia still does not move. SAmatia (III) enters the Province.

Red: Move and drop token on II-1, attack BA and win. On II Province

BA: Convert Uprising in IV-4, II-2, BA goes to IV-2

Blue: Move to and clear II-5

BA: V-2 Uprising, BA IV-4

Turn 2:
Green: Move to and claim V

BA: Roll IV-4, no token. BA move to IV-6 (striking distance of Lvcania, nexrt to Roma)

Yellow: Claim III, Move to Lvcania via boat.

BA: III-2 turns to Revolt. BA enters Lvcania. Red cannot reach Roma with enough armies to defend. Roma will fall next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
Try my latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the session report, I had not realized that due to the coordinate system it could be done so precisely! Since the result is somehow surprising, I couldn't help reproducing your game and found some remarks/suggestions:

Green: Clear Revolt and drop Token on V -3 > OK

BA: IV-4, BA's both fail to move over Rough Terrain > In the setup you said there was revolt in IV-4, so an Uprising followed?

Yellow: Clear III-3, Drop Token, move to III > If Galerius starts on his capital, he moves to the revolt in Noricvm (2), removes it (2), places a token (1), and with the 1 left cannot reach the III border!

BA: III-2, Britannia still does not move. SAmatia (III) enters the Province. > OK

Red: Move and drop token on II-1, attack BA and win. On II Province > OK

BA: Convert Uprising in IV-4, II-2, BA goes to IV-2 > You rolled IV-4? If so, what is II-2?

Blue: Move to and clear II-5 > From his capital you spend the 6 IP, but starting from Roma he would move to Narbonensis by sea and after clearing Aqvitania he would have still 1 IP left...

BA: V-2 Uprising, BA IV-4 > From IV-2 it must move to IV-3!

Green: Move to and claim V > And still 1 IP left to go to Arabia...

BA: Roll IV-4, no token. BA move to IV-6 (striking distance of Lvcania, nexrt to Roma) > Even if the BA was in IV-4, since it seats on a revolt this roll creates an Uprising. So you must check the links and place revolts, if any, and then roll for a new BA.

Yellow: Claim III, Move to Lvcania via boat. > If Galerius spends 2 IP to claim (secure) III, then it cannot reach Lvcania (1 IP short).

BA: III-2 turns to Revolt. BA enters Lvcania. Red cannot reach Roma with enough armies to defend. Roma will fall next! > You mean the BA defeated Galerius? It's true that there is nothing Constantius can do, but reach Rome and wait for the fall of the Empire!

Having a look to the endgame, small mistakes aside, your fault was to spread the 4 Emperors over the Empire and neglect region IV. Regions III and IV are the most dangerous ones, even worse when two armies coincide. Their support is very hard to cut, so you must pay special attention to these threats. In fact, those were the most dangerous frontiers for real!

And you MUST cooperate. Not only to benefit from combined attacks (x2), but also to have one Emepror blocking the BA path while the other cuts its support, for example. So never leave the protection of Rome in the hands of 1 Emperor. If Diocletian shared his power it was for a good reason!

This report was very helpful for me, thanks! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Try my latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, the expansion Tetrarchia: Dux makes borders III and IV even deadlier...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes to turn 1 BA Uprising. I gotta clear up my reporting next time.

Yellow start-> III-2 = 1IP + 1 for Revolt. 2IP to clear, then 2IP over Rough terrain to III. Am I wrong in that understanding?

Yellow claiming III (2ip), move to iii-4, iii-6, and counted that as a coastal territory since it had ocean access. Coastal means it touches the ocean directly? So I have been .among it easier by saying if. Circle CAN access the ocean it was coastal. I will change that.

I Will check to make sure
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:
Yellow start-> III-2 = 1IP + 1 for Revolt. 2IP to clear, then 2IP over Rough terrain to III. Am I wrong in that understanding?

Right, but you said "Yellow: Clear III-3, Drop Token, move to III", so that was the 1 IP too many I was referring to.

knuckles29 wrote:
Yellow claiming III (2ip), move to iii-4, iii-6, and counted that as a coastal territory since it had ocean access. Coastal means it touches the ocean directly? So I have been .among it easier by saying if. Circle CAN access the ocean it was coastal. I will change that.

Yes, from the rules: "coastal provinces (that contain some sea within its circle)". Things will become a bit harder now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
About coastal provinces: note that (perhaps surprisingly) Britannia is not a coastal province.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.