Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Michels
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject says it all. Does anyone know if the retailer Kickstarter pledge option includes the Kickstarter exclusives? I'd like to support my FLGS that is participating in that option, but I'd like all the goodies too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From CMON website:

CMON is happy to offer our next retail pledge option for our newest Kickstarter Campaign, Rising Sun.

Beginning from the launch of the Rising Sun campaign on Tuesday, March 7 at 3:00pm EST, and until the pledge manager closes, you, our valued retailer, will be able to be part of the Kickstarter Campaign, receiving the game along with all unlocked stretch goals in increments of 6, 9 or 12 copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, if your retail outlet gets involved in the Kickstarter and buys copies--sure, you could get a copy.

Don't be surprised when your FLGS charges a large premium for it... don't think they're paying a year early just to charge you what they paid for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also from CMON website:

Only retailers with a brick and mortar store in the USA and Canada are eligible for the retailer pledge.
The retail discount will be 40% off the Daimyo pledge.
Retailer pledges will contain all the Stretch Goals unlocked during the campaign, and will be delivered at the same time as normal backers.

Retailers agree to sell the Daimyo pledge bundle at no more and no less than US$100.
A signed agreement between CMON and the respective retailer that sets out the above restrictions will be required prior to shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Retail pledge level sez retailer promises to charge no more than $100.

http://www.cmon.com/news/rising-sun-kickstarter-retail-pledg...

Quote:
Only retailers with a brick and mortar store in the USA and Canada are eligible for the retailer pledge.

Retailer pledges will contain all the Stretch Goals unlocked during the campaign, and will be delivered at the same time as normal backers.

A commitment deposit of $100.00 is required for the bundle packs (6, 9 or 12). The balance will be due right before shipment.

Every retailer backer will be limited to a maximum of 12 pledges.

Retailers agree to not breakdown the Daimyo pledge bundle and resell promotional items separately.

Retailers agree to sell the Daimyo pledge bundle at no more and no less than US$100.

A signed agreement between CMON and the respective retailer that sets out the above restrictions will be required prior to shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:
Also from CMON website:

That's interesting. What's going to hold them to it, other than them pledging to do it? What's to keep them from just ebaying them all and ringing them up at the store for $100?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
They only need to make a $100 commitment which is pretty reasonable. I think I will go through my retailer for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hillean wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:
Also from CMON website:

That's interesting. What's going to hold them to it, other than them pledging to do it? What's to keep them from just ebaying them all and ringing them up at the store for $100?

Integrity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Leang
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
Hillean wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:
Also from CMON website:

Integrity.

Seeing as CMON is a publisher and not some guys making games in their garage...I'm sure they also have a legal team. I mean if they "sell" it to an unknown affiliate and then they "ebay" it...that's probably a different story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom monaghan

Colorado
msg tools
This will not be the last KS CMON does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeyKnifeFight wrote:
They only need to make a $100 commitment which is pretty reasonable. I think I will go through my retailer for this.

Indeed, I'm thinking the same. I would save on shipping AND helping out a local retailer. What's not to like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.