Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that during the Japanese movement phase Jap units can be searched if moving in the range of used air steps.

My question is are the only units that may be searched are those that weren't located in the US search phase? The rules do not specify this but the example given (pg 31) and the design note seem to imply it.

Thx for any help

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Lavin
United States
Cambridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played that the only planes that can be searched for during the Japanese movement phase are those that move into the outermost search range of used US steps. I never search for the same Jap. plane more than once per turn.

Not sure if this answers your question, but I hope it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Southard
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Many thanks to Larry for his reply. I do not remember this rule specifically - it's been way too long -- but his approach seems right to me. This is one of many situations in the game where things have to be adjusted to account for information that has now been revealed. Enjoy the game and please do ask questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.