Popular Tags: [View All]
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question:

I have 5 stars down, and can gain another from combat.

I initiate 2 or 3 combats.

I win the first, claiming a 6th star and ending the game immediately.

Who controls the other 1/2 contested hexes for end game scoring?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Combs
United States
Spring Lake Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The invading units return to the hexes they came from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
From the rules, page 28:

rulebook wrote:
If you have units (character, mechs, or workers) remaining on a territory with an opponent’s units (from a Move action), you must undo that portion of your Move action, returning the unit(s) to the territory they moved from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks a lot guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
msg tools
mb
Interesting...

So it's basically worth focussing on the battle (the one most likely to win), initiate that last and use your other moves to first spread your mech/worker/characters as thin as possible to up your hex control score.

Although a touch risky if it turns out you lose the battle and don't end the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thecodezombie wrote:
Interesting...

So it's basically worth focussing on the battle (the one most likely to win), initiate that last and use your other moves to first spread your mech/worker/characters as thin as possible to up your hex control score.

Although a touch risky if it turns out you lose the battle and don't end the game!

This exactly. I've pulled off this exact gambit a few times. Also failed a couple of times & been caught out on the other side of the gambit a couple of times.

Once someone gets to 4 stars, it's time to pay close attention to this possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
msg tools
jsciv wrote:
From the rules, page 28:

rulebook wrote:
If you have units (character, mechs, or workers) remaining on a territory with an opponent’s units (from a Move action), you must undo that portion of your Move action, returning the unit(s) to the territory they moved from.

I'm curious, does this affect units that the mech dropped off? For example, lets say you have two moves. You send two mechs to attack two separate hexes, and both mechs drop off a worker in the middle of their movement. If the first combat wins, the second mech needs to come back to his starting square. Does the worker also go back?

Or perhaps I am mistaken, and the second mech doesn't go back to where it started, but instead it moves back only one space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
KScorp wrote:
Or perhaps I am mistaken, and the second mech doesn't go back to where it started, but instead it moves back only one space?

Pretty sure it just goes back one space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KScorp wrote:
jsciv wrote:
From the rules, page 28:

rulebook wrote:

I'm curious, does this affect units that the mech dropped off? For example, lets say you have two moves. You send two mechs to attack two separate hexes, and both mechs drop off a worker in the middle of their movement. If the first combat wins, the second mech needs to come back to his starting square. Does the worker also go back?

This came up in another thread recently - the official response is that the wording is unintentionally ambiguous, but a unit that moved with Speed and/or Factory to engage moves back to the hex they entered the contested hex from rather than the one they began the turn in.

Certain move abilities can still cause confusion and/or additional memory load (such as the Tunnels) but the majority of moves are trivial to unwind by one step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.