Vincenzo Beretta
Italy
Milan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

I recently started cutting my counters's corners - thus joining the legions. I'm using the C4 tool and, while I know that there is some debate around it, I find it quite functional - even if Picasso would raise eyebrows at the result.

My problem is that, since I live in Europe (Italy) many of the suggested cutters I found on BGG do not simply ship to Europe. These include, just to be clear, the Oregon Lamination products (i.e. the both overpraised and overdenigrated "Radius Corner Rounder Punch Cutter Heavy Duty" - the father of them all).

Any suggestions from European gamers? And, before you ask, yes: I do have nail clippers. But say what you want about C4, it made my corner-cutting faster. I would only like to know what the "cognoscenti" think being a better tool over here.

Thanks!

Vincenzo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Moss
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
...the Oregon Lamination products...

Is it possible to have someone send you one from a country where they're easier to get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What difference does it make where the COUNTERS are?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
My problem is that, since I live in Europe (Italy) many of the suggested cutters I found on BGG do not simply ship to Europe. These include, just to be clear, the Oregon Lamination products (i.e. the both overpraised and overdenigrated "Radius Corner Rounder Punch Cutter Heavy Duty" - the father of them all).

Huh???

I don't know if the shipping charges are remotely reasonable, but Oregon Laminations certainly has Italy on the list of countries available for shipping when you order direct.
http://www.oregonlam.com/Corner_Rounders_Round_Radius_Cutter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorenzo Chiappini
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ronhatch wrote:
Reckall wrote:

Huh???

I don't know if the shipping charges are remotely reasonable, but Oregon Laminations certainly has Italy on the list of countries available for shipping when you order direct.

As far as I know from trying amazon, its about 50 bucks extra in shipping and taxes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PowerAndPlenty wrote:
ronhatch wrote:
Reckall wrote:

Huh???

As far as I know from trying amazon, its about 50 bucks extra in shipping and taxes.

Ouch. Yeah, that would be a problem. Although the original poster seemed to be saying that it wasn't possible, not that it was too much money. Maybe I just misunderstood.

I seem to recall that some people got them from Hexasim, but couldn't find any on the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Con
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
Penny of king Sigtrygg II Silkbeard of Dublin
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine direct from Oregon Laminations. I don't recall what the shipping was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. SCHMITT
France
Alsace
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In France, laminators are also sold by the game editor Hexasim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
santino el cato wrote:
In France, laminators are also sold by the game editor Hexasim.

+1

The one I got from them is not an Oregon, but it's pretty much the same model, and it's good quality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Laurio
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also got mine from Hexasim, but they have seem to been out of stock for quite some time now:

http://www.hexasim.com/en/index.php?page=recherche&recherche...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just recently bought a 3mm from England.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g2JQAAOSw6aVUprOE

The link works, despite the funny things BGG does with it...

Price including shipping to Germany was 30Euro, which I though was quite okay. I ordered a 2mm directly from Oregon Laminations years ago, and I remember it to be somewhere around 40Euro with shipping, but back then the Euro-Dollar ratio was somewhat different!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
France
Paris
2ème
flag msg tools
Bleu, Blanc, Rouge: Liberté, Égalité et Fraternité.
badge
Ravens.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oregon 2mm from Hexasim in France as others have said. Good price, reasonable postage, quick service if in stock. I got mine a few months ago with no dramas. Speak to Christophe about getting them in for you if they are out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanFR wrote:
Oregon 2mm from Hexasim in France as others have said. Good price, reasonable postage, quick service if in stock. I got mine a few months ago with no dramas. Speak to Christophe about getting them in for you if they are out.

Same here - got mine from there some months ago - reinforced it as per the info in here - been clipping away at a good pace ever since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rouleau
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
The Oregon Laminator products cannot be shipped to Italy because they are classified as weapons of mass destruction by the Italian post services. Having seen their effects on counters, I totally agree with their stand.

Exceptions are made for products shipping with Total War but the wait can be long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Eynon
Wales
Llandudno
Conwy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElFluppe wrote:
I just recently bought a 3mm from England.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...g2JQAAOSw6aVUprOE

The link works, despite the funny things BGG does with it...

Price including shipping to Germany was 30Euro, which I though was quite okay. I ordered a 2mm directly from Oregon Laminations years ago, and I remember it to be somewhere around 40Euro with shipping, but back then the Euro-Dollar ratio was somewhat different!

Just purchased one of these. They work out at just under £20 delivered in the UK. See the results below on Vietnam 1965-75 for a comparison between clipped and unclipped counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hoyt

Butte
Montana
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really night and day isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Germany
Würzburg
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It is just a tad too large for 1/2" counters (in my opinion), but great for anything else. And it is your best shot with GMT's double thick counters (for some reason they often do not go all the way in with the 2mm...yeah that's what she said...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Micevski
Australia
flag msg tools
did your 3mm work on GMT deluxe counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mathews
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a 2mm corner cutter from boardgameguru here in the uk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
forzamark wrote:

Sadly all their models seem to be marked "out of stock" now. :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Sterckx
Belgium
Vilvoorde
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
forzamark wrote:

Sadly all their models seem to be marked "out of stock" now. :/

Given that the situation for the past couple of years has been that whenever there is stock showing up somewhere, it gets sold out again in weeks, there's only one possible explanation :

The anti-clip movement is buying them all up.

That, or their stock management got outsourced to MMP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea
Italy
Milan
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reckall wrote:
Hi all!

I recently started cutting my counters's corners - thus joining the legions. I'm using the C4 tool and, while I know that there is some debate around it, I find it quite functional - even if Picasso would raise eyebrows at the result.

Any suggestions from European gamers? And, before you ask, yes: I do have nail clippers. But say what you want about C4, it made my corner-cutting faster. I would only like to know what the "cognoscenti" think being a better tool over here.

Thanks!

Vincenzo

Actually I bought my cutters from Oregon Lamination. They do ship to Italy, I swear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also keen to get hold of corner cutters! Been keeping an eye out for them, but no joy so far UK-wise or Phillibert. Price to get them over from the US looks a touch too steep to me. Import duty tends to nudge anything wargame into the pain zone! GMT's Euro-friendly shipping aside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and ordered a 2.5mm from the US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Groot
United Kingdom
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose it's time to start looking for a buyer for my kidney...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.