Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Hammen
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a fan of Vital Lacerda, and when I heard Eagle Gryphon Games was doing a Deluxe Edition of Vinhos, I knew I had to get a copy. Lacerda’s deep game mechanics combined with Eagle Gryphon Games top notch production values?!?!?!? Sign me up!

I was finally able to get this new edition to the table, and it did not disappoint! We played the new ‘simplified’ version of the game, a 4 player affair with 2 vets of the original Vinhos, myself (I have played the original version 3 or 4 times,) and a player who had yet to experience either edition of the game. I was curious to see how the Vinhos vets would feel about this ‘Simplified’ edition; the original version is very tight, so would they like this version less?

After 3 hours of gaming, I am happy to report that the ‘simplified’ ruleset is not much lighter than the original. Money is not as tight in this new edition, but the need to properly manage your barrels creates enough tension to make up for it. Both of the very experienced Vinhos players said they really enjoyed this new edition, and would like to dig into it more. They said it is not really that much lighter, but is just altogether a different game. The player new to Vinhos really enjoyed the game as well. They now want to try the original version, to see the differences themselves. As for me, I am very pleased with this deluxe edition. I really liked the new ruleset, and Eagle Gryphon Games has really raised the bar with the high quality productions values. I have also picked up The Gallerist, another Vital Lacerda game Eagle Gryphon Games has published, and it is also very top notch. Well worth their cost if you enjoy your games heavy and beautiful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Hammen
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Gallerist, Vinhos, Kanban, and CO2 (which I have only played once, quite a while ago) and I would agree Vinhos does seem to be the least forgiving. Try out the 2010 Vinhos and tell me what you think! It will hurt so good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.