Subject: Getting Insane And Die In Just The Same Moment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Bolduan
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi, today i played Mansions a second time and there was this question:

When i have 5 Insane/Damage Cards faced up and i only need 5 to get Insane or Wounded, do i die instantly? Because i just discard the faced down ones?

Aaaaand,

Fire

It is possible to discard 2 Fire Tokens per Investigator/Turn? Because Movement and Fire Discard Action? (3 Investigator with Movement 3?!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenholmwacht wrote:
Hi, today i played Mansions a second time and there was this question:

When i have 5 Insane/Damage Cards faced up and i only need 5 to get Insane or Wounded, do i die instantly? Because i just discard the faced down ones?

In the very unlikely situation this occurs, yes, the investigator would be Wounded and then Eliminated immediately afterwards. In the case of Insanity, I guess you should still take an Insane Condition card from the deck between going Insane and being Eliminated as you just might happen to satisfy its victory condition just before you are eliminated...

Quote:
It is possible to discard 2 Fire Tokens per Investigator/Turn? Because Movement and Fire Discard Action? (3 Investigator with Movement 3?!)

It's possible to discard more. The successes from the Extinguish action are stored for usage throughout the remainder of the round whenever the investigator moves. Thus, other investigators can use a Push action on the extinguishing investigator to get them into other spaces that contain fire if they had additional successes to spend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Curry
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Quote:

It's possible to discard more. The successes from the Extinguish action are stored for usage throughout the remainder of the round whenever the investigator moves. Thus, other investigators can use a Push action on the extinguishing investigator to get them into other spaces that contain fire if they had additional successes to spend.

Or, say, if the Butler grants that character another action to move again, I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fre kol
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
On extinguishing fire: the base amount an investigator would be able to extinguish is 3, if the investigator starts in a space with fire & makes one move. One would have to roll 3+ successes with the extinguish action, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a situation last night where an Investigator put out 6(!) fires with one action, and didn't even move! That, of course, involved the fire extinguisher. So you can theoretically do a looot more than 2 per investigator per turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.