Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh great, a cooperative legacy game might be replaced by... a cooperative legacy game.

Setting aside all the "cooperative puzzles", Twilight Struggle Through the Ages* is still leading the pack =P

* Hey, when did that happen? Grats to TtA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Kastberg Hinrichsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Benkyo wrote:
Oh great, a cooperative legacy game might be replaced by... a cooperative legacy game.

Setting aside all the "cooperative puzzles", Twilight Struggle Through the Ages* is still leading the pack =P

In about November, if my memory doesn't fail me. I have been following it religiously, as TtA is probably my favorite versus game of all time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jihgfee wrote:
Benkyo wrote:

In about November, if my memory doesn't fail me. I have been following it religiously, as TtA is probably my favorite versus game of all time

It first happened August 21 last year, but then quickly fell back to 3. Since September 12, 2016, however, it has retained the #2 position. Note that this is the new version of TtA, and the old version is #14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Harrison
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
I doubt it will happen any time soon. The game shot up through the ranks super quickly, but it's going to hit a wall due simply to not having enough reviews. I haven't done the math, but I'd guess it'd need about 5 times as many votes, which isn't going to happen until the reprint.

And I'm skeptical the average rating will stay the same as the game sees more exposure. That said, good on Gloomhaven, it's certainly my favorite game at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:
I doubt it will happen any time soon. The game shot up through the ranks super quickly, but it's going to hit a wall due simply to not having enough reviews. I haven't done the math, but I'd guess it'd need about 5 times as many votes, which isn't going to happen until the reprint.

And I'm skeptical the average rating will stay the same as the game sees more exposure. That said, good on Gloomhaven, it's certainly my favorite game at the moment.

We saw lots of ratings shenanigans when Pandemic Legacy was nearing the top. Guaranteed we will see the same if/when Gloomhaven gets close to PL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coblackmagus wrote:

That wall is pretty high though. I don't think it can hit even #3 until the reprint, but I do think it's possible to hit the Top 5 based on Pandemic Legacy's ascension.

Posted elsewhere, but as a reference, Pandemic Legacy first reached #3 with 2405 votes and an 8.90 rating. It reached #2 with 2990 votes and an 8.83 average rating. It reached #1 with 4154 votes and an 8.73 rating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any web app that uses the BGG ranking algorithm to let you play around with "what ifs"? Like, where would a game with 1000 votes and a 10.0 rating fall? Or a game with 20,000 votes and a 7.6 rating. Would be kind of fun to play around with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hansen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Gloomhaven should not focus on dethroning Pandemic:Legacy. Instead they should form a two-person party dedicated to building gaming addiction into people. I have started so many people with P:E, just to get them ready for a game like Gloomhaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
coblackmagus wrote:

That wall is pretty high though. I don't think it can hit even #3 until the reprint, but I do think it's possible to hit the Top 5 based on Pandemic Legacy's ascension.

Posted elsewhere, but as a reference, Pandemic Legacy first reached #3 with 2405 votes and an 8.90 rating. It reached #2 with 2990 votes and an 8.83 average rating. It reached #1 with 4154 votes and an 8.73 rating.

Currently, #5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Except that Gloomhaven is lots less of a Legacy-Game and more a massive campaign... and that there are tons of other differences between a game I rated 1 (horrid Pandemic) and Gloomhaven.

Gloomhaven is lots less a multiplayer-solitaire puzzle as everyone makes their own decisions and can't say I play this card easily, you should play that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Martell
New Zealand
Lower Hutt
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I rated PL a 10 and I'm unapologetic. I fully expect Gloomhaven will get the same if it's as good as it feels like it will be... we'll wait and see.

I think that immersive co-operative story-based games are changing the face of board gaming for the better. I don't mind what order they end up in, they feel like a great 1-2 punch to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
benmartell wrote:
I rated PL a 10 and I'm unapologetic. I fully expect Gloomhaven will get the same if it's as good as it feels like it will be... we'll wait and see.

I think that immersive co-operative story-based games are changing the face of board gaming for the better. I don't mind what order they end up in, they feel like a great 1-2 punch to me.

Both 10s for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many more days now? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

One...maybe two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pater Absurdus
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
There's really no wrong way to use a margarita pool
badge
"What is best in Life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
GameplayerOfTitan wrote:

One...maybe two.

And done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.