5 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » General

Subject: Painting ITEMeeples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Cross
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have zero experience with painting miniatures, so I figured I would ask about this here in case anyone had some advice about this.

It appears from the pictures that the ITEMeeples are plastic, not wood. This means that traditional meeple painting advice is irrelevant. These things appear to be perfectly primed to be painted as - oh, I don't know - some elf guy who likes triangles and wears a green outfit (amongst other colors).

I'm merely talking about a brown belt, sleeves and face color. Enough to get the idea.

Does anyone have advice for what kind of paint to use and how to pre-condition pieces that are flat plastic like this before painting?

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Riley
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
I Am One With The Force
badge
The Force Is With Me
mbmbmbmbmb
acrylic paint is what most use on miniatures (also plastic) I seriously doubt these pieces will come pre-primed so will you will need to get some acrylic primer to cover the pieces with first otherwise the paint wont stick.

There are tons of threads in here about miniature painting that will give you an idea.

As for type of paint, simple acrylic from a craft store will do though there are better paints out there made specifically for painting minis

TL;DR: Get acrylic Primer and acrylic paints. apply primer first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a warning, I imagine if you aren't very careful about 'plugging' the item holes on the meeples before priming; you could end up making the holes too small to put anything in afterwards (the Items from which the name derives!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I'm planning on painting them, but if you filled the holes with Elmers glue I bet you'd be able to pop it out when you wanted to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Labels?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.