Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario card for the Evening at the Canny Jackal says "To win the scenario, each character's hand, deck, and discard pile must total at least 21 cards."

My interpretation is that meeting that condition is sufficient to win. We don't need to defeat the villain, or to close any locations.

As soon as we had 42 cards between us, we stopped exploring, traded cards as needed so we each had at least 21, and declared victory.

Was that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ahearne
United States
Ayer
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, "trading cards as needed".. that's giving 1 card to a character at your location at the start of your turn, right?

But yes, simply having the right number of cards is the win condition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
elcoderdude wrote:
So, "trading cards as needed".. that's giving 1 card to a character at your location at the start of your turn, right?

Yup. In this case, it took 2 full rounds to pass 2 cards in one direction.

Quote:
But yes, simply having the right number of cards is the win condition.

Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is one of those scenarios where the Adventure Guide helps out a lot. The scenario win condition goes against the typical setup, so the backstory of meeting potential antiquity buyers before the auction helps the game mechanics make more sense. The cards represent the outcome of successful interactions the heroes are having with buyers, or simply sharing information with each other in the event of card trading - "High Priestess so-and-so is really into antique books, so we should raise our starting bid price."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.