Masmorra: Dungeons of Arcadia» Forums » Variants

Subject: Coop Campaign Mode? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lyono thundercat
msg tools
mb
G'Day,

We always play coop. I thought about running it in campaign mode. How does this sound?

1. Play four sequential games, players keep the same character throughout
2. The first three games cap experience at 3, 7 and 12. Final game is uncapped.
3. Start subsequent games with all experience, abilities, gold & treasure from the last game
4. First two games are dungeon level one only, and the deck is stacked so that a Medium Room is at room 6 (first game), 8 (second game). Beat the medium room to win that game.
5. Third game ends after beating a Medium Room halfway into level 2
6. Remove the Medium Rooms that have been beaten - don't use them again in the campaign.
7. Final game is basically full Alliance Mode.
8. Do not have a gold cap, BUT you can only exchange gold for treasure between games (i.e. when out of the dungeons)
9. All wounds are healed between games (maybe for a fee?)

If you pre-choose the Medium rooms for each game, you could weave the bosses, etc in to a story.

Thanks for reading and being kind in the comments (this is my first Variant post)

---

Extra mini-post:
Coop combat with multiple heroes in the same room; i.e. teaming up to defeat monsters.

It could be done with extra action dice addon; everyone rolls at once and share their dice for best effect. Players choose how how to divide wounds taken from monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. Nice and easy to implement. I like the idea of seeding the rune rooms into the deck and giving them more importance.

I'll definitely be trying this variant at some point. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Geringer
United States
Forestburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is cool! First few games would be kinda short but still a great idea!

Thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.