Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Adorno
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me for being absent minded, but I need a rule clarified.

When playing a two (or more) player game: If only ONE player commits characters to the quest do I reveal an encounter card per player who committed characters, or one per player in the game?

I may have been playing with the former(1 card per player who commits, NOT 1 per player regardless). And if I was, then I've been playing wrong, and ouch this game pulls no punches.

Also for solo games: Do the "Ranged" and Sentinel" abilities become useless/obsolete? Or is there something I missed about them for solo play in the rules? Thank you all for your time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You always reveal one card per player, whether or not that player committed any characters.

Whenever someone says "Man, this game seems easy," it usually turns out that that's the mistake they were making. Yep, this game pulls NO punches at all.

And yes, in solo games the "Ranged" and "Sentinel" traits lose most of their usefulness. Not all, because there are some cards that synergize with them (e.g., an event might read "Exhaust a character with Sentinel to ..."), but most. Deckbuilding for solo decks ends up being quite different from deckbuilding for two-deck games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wilmer
United Kingdom
Brandon
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As with most card games there are exceptions to the rule. Certain quests and cards and keywords will reduce or increase the number of cards drawn from the encounter deck but the default is always one per player unless stated otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stoyan Taskonidis
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmunn wrote:
You always reveal one card per player, whether or not that player committed any characters.

Otherwise it will be too easy, don't you think?.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Adorno
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeesh. Brutal is putting it lightly. Damn I've played this game a few times 3 player, I can't imagine not failing during questing at that player count.

I thought it was hard enough the way I was doing it, especially the "Escape from Dol Goldur" scenario where we're not only gimped one hero, but can only play one ally, as a group, per turn. Maybe I'm just a scrub at the game, might just have to house-rule some of the beating out

I just hope future quests aren't as unforgiving - who am I kidding? of course they are laugh

Thanks for the quick replies though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Tempel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried playing Easy mode? It removes a lot of nasty cards from the encounter deck and gives each player an extra resource at the beginning of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.