Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual of Orange Nebula
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Everything about Rising Sun and its KS campaign should be universally accepted without question.
The f$&@?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Everything about Rising Sun and its KS campaign should be universally accepted without question.
All hail the great Lang.wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re: Everything about Rising Sun and its KS campaign should be universally accepted without question.,
Given the amount of activity we'll see around here from now on, the last thing we need is having to deal with this kind of post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Hackman
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally someone had the courage to say it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justen Brown
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Eric Lang is a god and CMON can do no wrong and people need to stop being so politically correct because it gets in the way of my fun

Now which of these hundreds of games should I play while I wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jaybeethree wrote:
Well Eric Lang is a god and CMON can do no wrong and people need to stop being so politically correct because it gets in the way of my fun

(Mumbles something about how Eric gets away with cultural appropriation because he's not white, awaits thread lockdown whistle)

Look! Minis! One single backer level! Game rules seem excellent! Happy happy! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Song
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hear hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Berends
Australia
Waurn Ponds (Geelong)
Vic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Remember to check your privelegde before making games. You may be limited to abstract games.

The game has a darker theme then I thought it would. Still looking forward to getting my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Buntinx
Belgium
Genk
Limburg
flag msg tools
If my calculations are correct, now would be the perfect time to fling poop.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Myles Mulroy
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

ON TOPIC:
No, nothing should ever be universally accepted without question, that's ridiculous.

My opinion?
The marketing is tasteless yet inoffensive.
The game itself as depicted seems neither in particular, though some of what's depicted at the moment doesn't seem to have been researched, not that that matters (a lot of indigenous Japanese pop culture about ninja tends to be pulpy and wildly historically inaccurate.) It still has a much greater scent of authenticity to it than Kemet, but far far less than say Inis (a high watermark) or Crossroads of Heroes.

Note about this thread for those who may be unaware:

The OP took offense at another thread questioning stereotypical depictions of the game and corny orientalist cliches in some of the marketing and thus set up this thread as response.

From the posts in the aforementioned thread and the existence of this one, I remain fascinated and broadly dismayed at how much more offended the "anti-PC" (good grief) crowd get whenever any notion of cultural (or any other) sensitivity actually crops up than the initial "offendees".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Khuz
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
LMAO what's with all the drama just back the game if it looks good to you and don't if it doesn't
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously. Nobody is holding a gun to your head making you buy the game. All this drama over nothing, over a CHOICE, is really dumb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
don't feed the trolls

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mylestrom wrote:
The OP took offense at another thread questioning stereotypical depictions of the game and corny orientalist cliches in some of the marketing and thus set up this thread as response.

I feel like you may be misinterpreting OP's intent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Chew
United States
Concord Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Attack dog
mbmbmbmbmb
With any game with such a huge amount of funding and success you will find plenty of people in each complaint thread being fine with what is happening. It doesn't mean everyone loves everything. It just means at least 1 person likes an individual piece of the game/campaign and there are enough people that everything is covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Antagonistic, insulting, or otherwise disruptive comments ARE NOT welcome here.

Please use the icon when you see disruptive or antagonistic comments or any other violations of the Community Rules. This serves two purposes:

1- using the icon will bring that post to the attention of forum moderators so they can deal with it appropriately. We prefer that you not respond to the post directly. Responding invites the offender to continue, and if you respond aggressively you may end up dragging yourself down with the offender.

2- if enough users flag a post using the icon then that post will be hidden from general view, preventing others from being exposed to it.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.