Tales of the Arabian Nights» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Quest cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the Quest cards aren't talked about in detail in the rule book, I was wondering how the text in yellow and cursive has to be interpreted.

In the rules, it is stated that when you read a paragraph in the Book of Stories, the piece between brackets "(" and ")" has / between S#, D# and Status. The / should be interpreted as "and", so you get both # S, # D and the status.

However, the manual doesn't mention how to use the same sentence in the bottom of a quest card. We have now just played with the same rule as is applied on the Book of Stories, but it seemed weird when my GF became both Married, Vizier AND had to put a origin marker on the board, when she finished her quest.

Are we doing it right? It seemed a bit much to have two statuses at once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can have multiple statuses.

There are optional rules about limiting the number of statuses, but it's more fun to be an insane beast-form vizier than just a vizier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbert Vervuurt
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know you can have multiple statuses, but the question was if the / in the yellow text on the bottom of a quest-card should be read as "or" or "and". Though that combination sounds pretty epic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, missed read your question.
As I recall, when you get married you put an origin marker on a city. So this would happen from a status. But it's been a while. If you could provide the text of the quest card it would be helpful. I assume that as a result of the quest you gain married and vizier, it may be that they stated to put the origin marker as a reminder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In any case, yes, you interpret rewards on Quest cards just like you do in the story book. Yes, some of the rewards are fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.