Yomi (second edition)» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: [Tournament] NFTT Round 2 - 26th of march! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jone Oma
Norway
flag msg tools
Welcome to Neiguttens Fast Timer Tournament Series Round 2

This is for the Steam version or the iOS version of the game only.

Tournament starting time will be 12:00 PST / 15:00 EST / 21:00 CET / 06:00 Melbourne Australia and will last until it is finished. You should not participate if you don’t think you will be able to finish competing. - https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=5391959,5128581,314...

Time Estimates: Due to the fact that the tournament doesn’t require signups, I can’t predict how long the tournament will last, but each round can last for up to 30 minutes maximum but should most likely only take somewhere around 15-20 minutes. This means that an 8 players will be done somewhere in the ballpark of 2,5 hours or 3 hours, if we assume bathroom breaks and such. A 16 person bracket will take around 3.5 to 4 hours.

**Format**: Double-Elimination
**Timer*: Fast
**Set Length**: Best of 3 / First to 2
**Double KOs**: Counts as a WIN for both players, which means that both need to stick with their character.
**Prize**: A paypal giftcard worth 20$

Sign up: I will start accepting signups 30 minutes before the tournament starts, show up in the game lobby, holla at me to make sure I enter you into the bracket. **Signup will be closed 5 minutes before the tournament starts.** Please try to be in the lobby 30 minutes before, so that I don’t get a rush of people wanting to be added right before signups closes.

Rules: Please read through the rules. Also, community feedback is essential for making the rules fair. So if there are rules I havent thought of, or rules that are overreaching for what it should be, let me know. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GquCBPCJeDnFUmS5GE2yzHU5...

NFTT: Each tournament will be seeded based on participants previous performance, using Capcom Protour points system for Tier two tournaments. In november, the top 8 players who has the most points total will be invited to a tournament, where they will be playing for 100$. More information about that here. - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_trhOLNTqeFE95Tmb_yGZOwN...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Tournament] NFTT Round 2
Am I blind or did you forget to mention a date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jone Oma
Norway
flag msg tools
I did! Thanks ^^

BTW: Would you say that the next tournament should be on a saturday rather than a sunday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how many east-Europeans and west-Asians you are expecting to participate.
In any case, i think Sunday hold no benefits over Saturday, but Saturday is better for people in late time zones.

At 3 hours, the tournament will end at midnight in CET which seems reasonable; but any later and the 9-5 workers might find themselves in a tight spot if you run it on Sunday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jone Oma
Norway
flag msg tools
I have mostly been thinking that the east coast of the US doesn't want to wake up before 12, that is the reason for the timing. But, I'll try and make sure to get it on the Saturday next month ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.