Roger Anslow
England
Warminster
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings,

I am assuming that any 'Bold red words' allow you to use the 'Power' despite the 'Fast Move' card not having any 'Power' title on it?

My poor old brain cannot quite get this. If I use a fast move to enter a hex to assault can I use the 'Charge' power depite there being no power title on the fast move card to gain a +2 in the assault resolution?shake

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheer,

Roger the confused!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Nicholls
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Hi Roger,

I am still waiting for my copy to arrive but I think from the manual I can see your confusion and think I have an answer. The red key words "fast move" in the charge power mean that when you activate this power you get to fast move and then assault the target hex with the +2 HEF bonus (see p18) if applicable. So you need a power card to activate this power which will give you the fast move ability as well as assault bonus. You actually can't use the fast move card to activate the unit's charge power if it doesn't have the power title on the card.

This also means that if a card has the power title that you only use the card to activate a units power and ignore the events on the card - is that how you play it?

I could be wrong but this is how I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Anslow
England
Warminster
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Craig,

Ah, I see where you are coming from, I am looking at it the wrong way round. I just could not get my head round it shake. It appears much clearer and will try it out when I get home to the games table. Soloing at present.

Enjoy your copy when it arrives, and many thanks,

Cheers,

Roger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any card with the keyword "Power" can activate your charge. Not just the ones with a "move"-type action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.