Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Other threads seem to indicate that a reprint is on the way. Does anyone know, authoritatively, what provisional dates we have for the game hitting retailers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Haulk
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
RGG gave late March, so...soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interestingly, the new cover was just posted to the images section:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
I hope the reprint comes soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some German retailers list it as expected in April. I would assume English and German editions are printed at the same time to save costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
It was supposed to be late Feb but got pushed back to April if I recall correctly. This is likely the next game I get, can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Stock
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
More confirmation on that -
I emailed Rio Grande yesterday and somebody from customer service replied:
"...it has been a challenge to keep up with the huge demand. But we are working on reprinting Concordia right now and are expecting to have it back in stock in late March. And then it will start shipping out to our distributors and retailers."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkart
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any changes to the reprint other than the cover art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Cornejo
United States
Orange
Ca
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great; I've been wanting to get my hands on this game since it came out but during its initial release its been out of reach...now the only copies available are $150 on Amazon...its ridiculous lol.

Cant wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaiMonPaul wrote:

According to PD Verlag rep's comment on the Geek image of the new cover art nothing changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
DaiMonPaul wrote:

According to PD Verlag rep's comment on the Geek image of the new cover art nothing changes.

Aha, she was responding to a question far upthread about whether there were rule changes!

That makes more sense. I honestly thought (until now) that she was tersely noting that "Nothing changes" i.e. even though there is new cover art, people are still complaining about the game's cover art and the box dimensions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While nothing changes rule wise, are there changes to artwork of the cards, game board and other game components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
While nothing changes rule wise, are there changes to artwork of the cards, game board and other game components?

Since there were a few questions I read that comment Nothing changes as there are no other changes and only cover has been changed. But I'm sure we will find out soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
I tack on another question: Will it have larger or smaller goods tokens?

I have an older-red version and another in our game group bought it last year... their goods were 25% smaller than mine.

We were shocked and he was very disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bull
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Raujour wrote:
We were shocked and he was very disappointed.

Really?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really. 'He was...' & 'He was...' devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all replies. After all that, I managed to snag a Rio Grande edition for £80 on eBay, including the Britannia expansion. This is going to be somewhat over the odds compared to the likely price of the reprint, but I'm happy.

I think the new box art is very good, but not as good as the original. The original is iconic to this old grognard's eyes. The new art, however well executed, and it *is* well executed (the customer is magnificent and the merchant characterful), is busier and darker than the original, and since Concordia is a keeper it would always rankle that I didn't have my preferred box art. It is only a matter of preference, and I'm sure the vast majority of those going for the reprint will be perfectly happy with the box and game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
yangtze2000 wrote:
I think the new box art is very good, but not as good as the original. The original is iconic to this old grognard's eyes. The new art, however well executed, and it *is* well executed (the customer is magnificent and the merchant characterful), is busier and darker than the original, and since Concordia is a keeper it would always rankle that I didn't have my preferred box art. It is only a matter of preference, and I'm sure the vast majority of those going for the reprint will be perfectly happy with the box and game too.

I'm the opposite: I've never had a problem with the artwork and I'm happy with my 2nd ed, but I do think the new art is much nicer and if I was buying it now I'd want that edition.

Anyway, it's only the box. As I understand it, the game inside is the same, and that's the bit that matters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Clarke
United Kingdom
Nantwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
xipuloxx wrote:
Anyway, it's only the box. As I understand it, the game inside is the same, and that's the bit that matters!

At first glance this appears to be a truism. However, it isn't true. Aesthetics matter too. Not as much as the gameplay, I agree (otherwise I wouldn't own Amyitis!), but they matter nonetheless. If they didn't, we'd all just make our own copy from bits of card and buttons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
yangtze2000 wrote:
xipuloxx wrote:

At first glance this appears to be a truism. However, it isn't true. Aesthetics matter too. Not as much as the gameplay, I agree (otherwise I wouldn't own Amyitis!), but they matter nonetheless. If they didn't, we'd all just make our own copy from bits of card and buttons

You misunderstand me. When I say the game inside is the same, I'm referring to the whole game inside, including the art and graphic design. Not just the gameplay.

I agree that aesthetics matter, but the box isn't what you're looking at when you're playing the game. So if the contents of the box are the same, the outside of the box doesn't really matter.

Though of course it's still nice to have a pretty box. And it can encourage or discourage people to buy or play the game in the first place!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
Are we in late March yet? Anyone heard anything else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Boggs
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking so forward to the reprint. Keep us all posted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phew!! There's going to be a reprint and by the sounds of it, any day now ????

I shoud have read this thread first before spending half the day trying to source a copy. Tried everyone in the UK and no one is selling or trading apart from one guy with a Dutch copy on here. Man this game is as rare as the rocking horse stuff!!

I hope they dont cheap out like the publishers did with Colosseum, Robo Rally and I'm the boss reprints. Seems these days everything is scaled down and with cheap components.

Hope this is out before my birthday on 5 April.....

Baz

Edit: I got an email from PD-Verlag yesterday saying this:

'the reprint starts next month. I think the game will be in the shops in the middle of may'.

Bit longer to wait guys!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Moose
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May? May. May! ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Churchill
United Kingdom
Holland on Sea
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Moosebox wrote:
May? May. May! ...

They are saying end of April now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.