Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have attended BGG.CON for many years, but will be trying out BGG.SPRING this year instead. I have always enjoyed the Virtual Flea Market that has been part of BGG.CON. Does BGG.SPRING have something similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Last year
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

started it on April 9. I'm hoping we'll get started on it earlier this year. Here's a link to last year's GeekList VFM: Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con Spring 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and I might add, that the BGG Spring Bazaar signup will go up the second weekend in April. See ya'll there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the responses. I'm excited to see the list go up this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's one of my favorite parts of the convention. It's a ton of fun, and helps to ease the pain of waiting for May to get here. Also, you get to interact with a bunch of great geeks for 2 months before you even arrive in Dallas. I really love it. Welcome to the VFM. Get ready to start obsessing over your subscription notifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
otscotty wrote:
I know this sounds ridiculous, but it's one of my favorite parts of the convention. It's a ton of fun, and helps to ease the pain of waiting for May to get here. Also, you get to interact with a bunch of great geeks for 2 months before you even arrive in Dallas. I really love it. Welcome to the VFM. Get ready to start obsessing over your subscription notifications

This.

Plans are in place for the VFM to start up early in April.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I better start making a list of what I need to get rid of to make room for all the new stuff coming out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Shaw
United States
Waxhaw
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also find this to be my favorite activity leading up to the convention. Wait, I stepped away for 5 minutes and now there are 16 pages of games to scroll through. Doh! I missed that awesome deal!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think i sold anything last year, but I think my wife would strongly prefer that I do this go-around since my house seems to be overflowing with games in every nook and cranny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
ze_stom wrote:
I don't think i sold anything last year, but I think my wife would strongly prefer that I do this go-around since my house seems to be overflowing with games in every nook and cranny.

I hear ya. My wife was kind enough to let me get a few more feet of shelves this past year, but there's no more room to expand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's that room upstairs that could handle severak shelves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
ze_stom wrote:

I hear ya. My wife was kind enough to let me get a few more feet of shelves this past year, but there's no more room to expand.

That's just craaaaaazy liquor talk, right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Seasons Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
ze_stom wrote:

Oh!!! Time to buy a new house?
OR
DIY, knock out a few walls to make a BIGGER boardgame room?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lainie Theys
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:
ze_stom wrote:

OR

You all are not helping... I had to turn a closet into an office because he's already kicked me out of the "shared space" downstairs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or MAYBE we could all act as foster homes for games that Anakin buys? I'll gladly foster Das Motor Sports Spiel for one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Abraham Drucker
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
MOAR GAMES
badge
Damn Dirty Ape I Love You
mbmbmbmbmb
1 Family Meeple wrote:
AnakinOU wrote:
ze_stom wrote:

OR

She was really cool about it as long as the games stayed on the giant storage area on the first floor, and the 4 sets of shelves in the living room.

once they stared showing up in the garage, in the dining room, the kitchen, as a large stack on a 3/4 wall in a hallway, and under our bed, she started getting grumpy about it.

Sadly, buying a new house is out since i live in San Francisco and don't have $3 or 4 million laying around.

I wonder if I could just buy my neighbor's house and knock down a wall, since all the houses on the block are connected. (think brownstones, but made out of wood and lacking any character).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Wilz
United States
Bay St. Louis
MS
flag msg tools
It's a funny name
badge
I found this backstage, an over-sized hat, it's funny!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love you, virtual fleabags!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Seasons Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
okiedokie wrote:
Or MAYBE we could all act as foster homes for games that Anakin buys? I'll gladly foster Das Motor Sports Spiel for one.

Great IDEA!! I will also foster games~!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've never even been to a con, but I was already excited for this part, I was worried the flea market/bazaar wasn't very prominent or something.

I should probably get a board game bag...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MariciWeu wrote:
I've never even been to a con, but I was already excited for this part, I was worried the flea market/bazaar wasn't very prominent or something.

There is also a physical flea market. This year, it looks like there will be a math trade as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:
MariciWeu wrote:

There is also a physical flea market. This year, it looks like there will be a math trade as well.

What used to known as the "Flea Market" is now the "Bazaar." The event was renamed because some people got it confused with the Virtual Flea Market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branden Sprenger
United States
Collinsville
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seppo21 wrote:

Is there a sign up for the math trade yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sprengermon wrote:
seppo21 wrote:

Is there a sign up for the math trade yet?

Not yet. You can subscribe to this thread to hopefully follow developments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Smith
United States
Jackson
MS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Virtual Flea Market for Spring 2017 is up and going. Here are the lists:

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con Spring 2017

Virtual Flea Market for Delivery to BGG.Con Spring 2017 - Request List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kymmie Meeple
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Seasons Greetings!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ideas as to if/when the Math Trade will be up and running for Spring?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.