Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I normally go straight to my subscription notifications when visiting BGG. Many of my subscriptions are triggered from Guilds and particular games, rather than threads. Often I can see from the subject line that I won't want to read the thread, but if I just click "Mark Read" it will come back whenever anyone replies. I would find it helpful to have a "Block" button to prevent seeing notifications from that thread in future. This would save clicking through to the thread in order to block it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
slashing wrote:
I normally go straight to my subscription notifications when visiting BGG. Many of my subscriptions are triggered from Guilds and particular games, rather than threads. Often I can see from the subject line that I won't want to read the thread, but if I just click "Mark Read" it will come back whenever anyone replies. I would find it helpful to have a "Block" button to prevent seeing notifications from that thread in future. This would save clicking through to the thread in order to block it.

If you look at your list of notifications, you should see a dropdown to the left of the thread title. You can click that and select block without needing to go to the thread.

Edit:note you will still need to mark that notification as read, but you should see no more notifications for that thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mb
DaveD wrote:
slashing wrote:

If you look at your list of notifications, you should see a dropdown to the left of the thread title. You can click that and select block without needing to go to the thread.

Edit:note you will still need to mark that notification as read, but you should see no more notifications for that thread.

Thank you! Very useful. Suggestion revoked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.