Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it has been widely circulated that a 6 player expansion will be offered and most expect an alternate clan as a KS exclusive, but is anyone else getting worried this will not happen?

Are the Add-Ons and alternate clans something they hold back for a week or two to reinvigorate the pledges? Is this how it happened in Blood Rage?

The War Markers, Plastic Political Mandates and Daikiju all look fantastic and the other stretch goals are great, I have been counting on a 6 player game and hoping for an alternate clan as a KS exclusive. Will my hope be fulfilled in a big way or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
jeffwagner wrote:
Will my hope be fulfilled in a big way or not?

My crystal ball says.. you will find out in the next 26 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The honor track on the board seems to have 6 spaces, so I think a 6th player is most likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes they hold them back so that the add-ons will fund the other KSE stretch goals they haven't shown yet. Everything (or at least 95% of the content) is already planned out. Just think of the 28 days of kickstarter as a brilliant marketing campaign.

There is nothing to worry about, the board already has a spot for the 6th player, and 6 months ago in interviews they already talked about the game playing up to 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will totally happen. There is no way it won't happen.

Don't worry so much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Soares
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are six places in the honour track.

2+2=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thiago pretty much announced that there will be a 6th player expansion in the comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually hope that there are 8 total clans to choose from for the 3-6 player game once all is said and done.

It would really give some nice variety to with the asymmetrical nature of the clans.

fingers crossed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnage994 wrote:
The honor track on the board seems to have 6 spaces, so I think a 6th player is most likely.

Good catch, love your Avatar Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I actually hope that there are 8 total clans to choose from for the 3-6 player game once all is said and done.
fingers crossed

$_$

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Patience grasshopper, the campaign is less than 1 day into a 27 day ordeal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want it all and I want it now!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There will almost certainly be a 6 player expansion.
Along with that, you can be 99,999% sure it won't be kickstarter exclusive.
There might be a certain clan of models that is kickstarter exclusive, but the ability to play with 6 won't be. Oh, and ofcourse the kickstarter 6 player expansion will have the kickstarter extras (tokens)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Maritn
Germany
flag msg tools
yamato2 wrote:

It would really give some nice variety to with the asymmetrical nature of the clans.

fingers crossed

Take a look at the colours of the clans, their starting positions in the video and the number and colours of the game board areas. I'm 95% sure there will be 8 different clans in the end. Not sure if any of them will be exclusive. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eight?!!? Did somebody say 8?!!? That would be awesome with a capital Miz!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
moosemcd wrote:
Thiago pretty much announced that there will be a 6th player expansion in the comments.

This. However, as far as a seventh or eighth clan - that's a lot of work in terms of art design and minis, and because each clan is mechanically unique, there's a lot of design and testing that would have to go into each and every one. That's a limiting factor that didn't apply to Blood Rage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that the 6P pack with be the Orange player based on the board layout,... and I'm sure I saw a shot somewhere of an orange mini or player board,... can't remember where.

as to 7/8 - just a hope on my part,.... It would be nice to get more variable factions,...... and these are pros; they have had plenty of time to develop them. It's some of these monsters that I worry about the chances of OP problems.

If additional clans we there; I'd pay for them even,.... but I hope that we get at least one for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Navales
United States
California
flag msg tools
Yes there will be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryananavales wrote:
Yes there will be

"There will be add-ons" .. may as well be metal coins.

I just hope we don't get a multitude of guest boxes with clans for $20 a piece !! wow

yamato2 wrote:
If additional clans we there; I'd pay for them even,.... but I hope that we get at least one for free.

Yup. I bet on that as well, similar to BR and the Wildboar clan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukas Vitroler
Austria
Tirol
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Demanding money for a 6 player expansion is really shitty from CMON when the game had always been designed to accommodate 6 players...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The add-ons come about a week apart to disrupt the quieter periods of the campaign. 6th Player, Art book at the least, I'm less confident there'll be a 7th and 8th clan though. They may do metal coins if people keep asking for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig B
Australia
Mount Hawthorn
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we just got the 6th clan. That didn't take long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Dudás
Hungary
flag msg tools
And it doesnt look to be an add-on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's because it is not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fed Aykin

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spike225BGG wrote:
And it doesnt look to be an add-on

Right, the update says that this clan is all that you'll need to play with six players. Great news!

That being the case, that means that there is a seventh clan coming which will be available at retail. I'm guessing that it will be an add-on/expansion. Kickstarter backers won't "need" it, but those who want to own it will be able to buy it during the campaign in order to get all of the premium extras like plastic fortresses, etc.

Even though I will probably buy that, too, I think making the Kickstarter-exclusive clan fully functional for all backers is a great, fan-friendly improvement over the Blood Rage campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.