Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Little Al

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Howdy all,

Has anyone attempted to integrate this expansion with any of the Encounter games? I am on a GotG kick recently (which is rare b/c I normally don't like superheroes) and was wondering if I could pull this set into the Alien or Firefly version of Encounters. Thematically I think it would work really well, however I am not sure about the mechanics.

Has anyone tried? Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It actually says it in the Encounters rule-book, but essentially, you use heroes from Marvel instead of Encounters. However, you would always use the 'villain' deck from Encounters (so no infinity gems or Thanos). the rulebook has the specifics, but generally the keyword changes are fairly obvious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Al

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info, I saw that in the encounters book and I wasn't sure if it meant other encounters heroes (ie predator/firefly in alien or vice versa) or if it meant any legendary heroes. No Thanos or gems would be fine. I really want to put the guardians against the xenos and see how they fair...

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you're playing Alien, you just use the GotG Heroes as the Barracks deck. It works fine and is very fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Al

Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great! exactly what I wanted to hear. How do the strikes work, I assume it's just a language thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
reaper373 wrote:
Great! exactly what I wanted to hear. How do the strikes work, I assume it's just a language thing.

You still use a Avatar from Alien, so you would still be a Medic or Soldier or whatever, and you have a certain number of life points. So when you get a Strike, it still does damage to you as normal for an Alien game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play any Marvel heroes which reference wounds (don't think there's any in GotG) you read strike instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by this thread, I just played another Alien game with GotG Heroes. I played the first movie with three players -- the executive, the synthetic, and the technician. Only 4 Heroes go into the Barracks deck, so I used everyone except Gamora.

It was very fun -- those shards are super helpful against the xenomorphs! Groot had a field day. The toughest part was the lack of healing abilities. Once the players get strikes, they pretty much stay there for the rest of the game. Also, the GotG Heroes don't coordinate as well as the crew of the Nostromo.

I lost due to the ship self destructing and killing everyone, but I had a great "movie" playing in my mind as Star-Lord and the others tried to protect the Nostromo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.