Subject: Map Board Misprints rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
foldedcard
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I noticed the following on the boards that are likely misprints:

2B: Lower left green conveyer points off the board instead of on like all the others. Possibly this is intended, or possibly all the green arrows should have point in (having the different speed conveyers would then have a point at least).

4A: The lower right blue corner conveyer points in the wrong direction. This is a doozy for people with spatial orientation issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since all the boards except those two are symmetric, they are probably errors. Board 4A is most definitely an error.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other errors. I recall seeing 1 or 2 board lasers which don't have an origin point, so if two robots are in the laser's path, you don't know which one blocks the laser from hitting the other one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
foldedcard
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Good observation about lasers. Will check that out later. In general, these maps don't seem to show the same care in design of the earlier edition. Fortunately the game remains fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
There are other errors. I recall seeing 1 or 2 board lasers which don't have an origin point, so if two robots are in the laser's path, you don't know which one blocks the laser from hitting the other one.

Map 4A has this issue for two lasers (in addition t the conveyor misprint). Luckily you can determine the origin of these lasers as the board is mostly a mirror image/symmertical. They will shoot in the opposite direction of the similar laser on the other side of the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Finamore
United States
Wayne
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foldedcard wrote:
I noticed the following on the boards that are likely misprints:

2B: Lower left green conveyer points off the board instead of on like all the others. Possibly this is intended, or possibly all the green arrows should have point in (having the different speed conveyers would then have a point at least).

4A: The lower right blue corner conveyer points in the wrong direction. This is a doozy for people with spatial orientation issues.

Are your sure the 3 like ones are pointing on the board? On my 2B, all of the green conveyors point off the board, except the lower left, which points onto the board.

Also, on 2A, 3 of the conveyors have length 6, while the one on the right side of the board has only 5. If looks like the last conveyor square is missing, assuming they are all meant to be symmetrical.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.