Hide
4 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Party reputation closing out certain missions for campaign rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom S
msg tools
If you have two parties playing the campaign, one aiming for high (good) reputation, one aiming for low (evil)....is it possible that one of these parties will become locked out of the campaign missions in some way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
tomstartup wrote:
If you have two parties playing the campaign, one aiming for high (good) reputation, one aiming for low (evil)....is it possible that one of these parties will become locked out of the campaign missions in some way?

Some scenarios do change the state of the game world in a major way. So, yes, you will definitely close of some scenarios if your parties play in the same campaign.

If you dislike your parties interfering with each others, you will have to keep separate campaign states (documents for which you can find in the Files)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garou wrote:
tomstartup wrote:

Some scenarios do change the state of the game world in a major way. So, yes, you will definitely close of some scenarios if your parties play in the same campaign.

If you dislike your parties interfering with each others, you will have to keep separate campaign states (documents for which you can find in the Files)

Will that be a function of the story or a function of the reputation? I don't believe that there are any quests that rely on a certain reputation, but I haven't looked through them all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berg
Germany
BaWü
flag msg tools
富士山
badge
Take a closer look
mbmbmbmbmb
EventHorizon wrote:

Will that be a function of the story or a function of the reputation? I don't believe that there are any quests that rely on a certain reputation, but I haven't looked through them all.

Purely a function of the story. The generic example Isaac presented in an old thread was about one party working with an evil necromancer, the other party killing that necromancer and the first party now being unable to progress on that storyline.

As far as I have seen so far, reputation only matters for events and shop prizes. I can not, however, rule out that there are reputation-locked events that lead to scenarios.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.