Subject: Battle Plans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mbmbmb
I just don'y understand how they work. How the sequencing works.

Once a tactic is declared is it one turn only?
Do you have to roll to activate for each one? When do you roll.
I understand they are powerful abilities, but guessing on turn 4 that they will be in a position to do x,y,z seems fairly hard to determine especially in the chit pull system.

I am very lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Deniaud
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
When you have a plan, or when you activate it, you have some advandtages depending on this plan. There is 10 plans described on a player aids. Choose one before the beginning of scenario if you are allowed to.

The most common advantage are the tactics. This is special order you can give to a clan : Totsugeki (hard attack), Kotai (Retreat), Kido (Combined manoeuver) or Ashibasa (quick march). On plan's table, on player aid sheet, there list of tactics you have for this plan ; for example, with a Kokuyoku plan (Ailes de grues in french), you have 4 Totsugeki, 4 Kotai et 4 Kido.

During battles, you can give a tactic to a clan. You write clan identification and game turn in the table. This cost 1 Command Point or 2 for Kido, and clan counter is placed in the cup. When you take it from the cup, apply tactic instead of standart clan activation.

I hope I helped a little.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Moore
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
designer
badge
'This War Without an Enemy'
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand from the rules, you can decide that a clan will be given a tactic when you spend 1 CP to take its chit from the Reserve and place in the bowl (Activation chit selection phase, section 9.3) - though in the case of 'Kido' and 'Ashibaya' more than one clan is assigned the tactic, and so the the other clan chits are set aside rather than being placed in the bowl. My assumption is that if a chit is automatically placed in the cup from the Delay Track (Delay phase, section 9.1), then it cannot be given a tactic. Then, when that chit is drawn from the bowl, the tactic applies. Any chit left in the bowl at the end of the Activation sequence will not benefit from any tactic that it has been given. All tactics are assigned for one turn only. There is no rolling - the tactics enable the clan's orders to automatically change to the appropriate one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Vander Meulen
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anthonii,

To use a tactic:

You are on turn 3 (for example)
You want to use a Totsugeki tactic with Clan D (for example).
You spend a CP and take the Clan D chit.
Place it in the Bowl (No delay with the tactics).
Write on the log sheets that Clan D is using a Totsugeki on turn 3.
When the Clan D chit is drawn, tell your opponent that it is a Totsugeki.
Apply 10.4.1 instead of 8. (Totsugeki instead of a regular Clan phase).

The battle plans:

The battle plan defines what tactics you can use during the game.

Please, ask if anything is still unclear.

François

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
janos_hunyadi wrote:
Any chit left in the bowl at the end of the Activation sequence will not benefit from any tactic that it has been given.

Note that any clan activation chit left in the bowl that would have benefited from a tactic, is put back in the bowl next turn automatically (see EXC in rule 9.1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mbmbmb
Ok. Thanks. It does not yet make sense, but i think i need to read within the context of the rules again to make sense of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mbmbmb
Ok guys, let me see if i got this straight:

Say for example we are playing the Nagakute Scenario.

Tokugawa and Ikeda at the start of the game decides between Kokuyoku, Seiganchoku, Kuruma Gakari, Saku as their Battle Plan. This can not be changed through the course of the game?

Tokugawa, starts with the battle plan in effect so can begin using 10.3 to potentially give a Clan a Tactic during an activation chit selection phase from the beginning.

Ideka needs to successfully complete 10.2 to activate his plan, however when he does this all of his units outside of an EZoC get assigned new orders (Attack, Move, Defence and Regroup)

If this is not done when a clan chit is pulled they just follow 8 and may attempt an order change etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bertrand d
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All correct Anthonii.

Effectively you choose the battleplan at game start and you cannot change your choice later.

Only point, have you seen that there are 10 battle plans and not four ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
4.6 Five Mississippi
mbmbmb
Lugbar wrote:
Only point, have you seen that there are 10 battle plans and not four ?

I did not, however I do now! Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.