Subject: River Romance Blueprint Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So one of the players in my group noticed a subtle difference in the wording on the River Romance blueprint card. We couldn't figure out if it was just a misprint or it actually worked different since it's the only one we could find worded as such.

Unfortunately, I don't have the card in front of me right now but I'll edit the post when I get home. (feel free to help me out)

Essentially most blueprint cards with a bullet point and a sub task (+ sign) is accompanied by the word 'with' but not the blueprint in question. For example most cards will be worded something like:

*Any Thrill ride, with:
+Any Quality upgrade
+Jungle Theme

However, the River Romance card has a list item like:
(again pardon the general wording for now, just wanted to get the post out there before I forgot)

*Any some attraction:
+some upgrade

This small distinction caused some of us to assume that the first part was required but the second part could come from anywhere in the park and not WITH (or attached to) the attraction in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My take is that they are individual, not stacked. You need a single nature area, any food outlet with a quality upgrade and any theater. They can be three distinct entities.

So, for instance, if you had all three of the above in your park, PLUS the Jungle Queen super attraction, you would get 40 points. But that would be four of your possible five attractions in your park, which wouldn't leave you much additional flexibility to build outside of those four things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yul Beauchamps
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

My take is that they are individual, not stacked. You need a single nature area, any food outlet with a quality upgrade and any theater. They can be three distinct entities.

So, for instance, if you had all three of the above in your park, PLUS the Jungle Queen super attraction, you would get 40 points. But that would be four of your possible five attractions in your park, which wouldn't leave you much additional flexibility to build outside of those four things.

Thank you very much for adding the card image! That being said notice how you said "any food outlet with a quality upgrade". However, the card doesn't include that key word for the 'Any Food Outlet' list item as is included on virtually every other blueprint with sub tasks. As I said before its a small distinction which I personally think is exactly how you described it. That being said we were split at the table as others thought since the 'with' keyword was omitted it meant that the Quality Upgrade could be anywhere in the park and not necessarily an upgrade on a food outlet. Personally I believe that it's simply a misprint and the intention was that it behaved like all other blueprint cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that + any quality upgrade is indented below the Food Outlet placeholder, I assume it acts the same as the other cards. For those two things, I do believe there is an association. The quality upgrade has to be on the food outlet, not on the other attractions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
You have discovered an error! As horrified as I am that it's there, I'm glad you found it. Thank you!

The word "with" should be present on this blueprint. Originally the cards used a dot to indicate a base attraction and a plus to indicate additional conditions on that attraction. Some players were confused about what this meant, so "with" was added throughout to clear it up, and it looks like we missed one.

Thematically, this blueprint allows a guest to take their date for a walk in the park, a nice dinner and a movie, and maybe a boat cruise after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
You have discovered an error! As horrified as I am that it's there, I'm glad you found it. Thank you!

The word "with" should be present on this blueprint. Originally the cards used a dot to indicate a base attraction and a plus to indicate additional conditions on that attraction. Some players were confused about what this meant, so "with" was added throughout to clear it up, and it looks like we missed one.

Thematically, this blueprint allows a guest to take their date for a walk in the park, a nice dinner and a movie, and maybe a boat cruise after.

I love love love that the blue prints tell a story like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.