Subject: Where can you find the Rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I am curious about the game play. Yes I know there is a video. It is not very good for showing the mechanics and rules for the game. Anyone know where this can be found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are coming . . . Faq says will be posted before KS ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Head like an orange
mbmbmbmbmb
richcottrell wrote:
I am curious about the game play. Yes I know there is a video. It is not very good for showing the mechanics and rules for the game. Anyone know where this can be found.

In the box, when you receive your pledge reward
I am also interested to know. Good thread Rich.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bueschel
United States
Huntley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for those as well. I checked here and Kickstarter and nothing yet. Seems like that should be one of the first things on a campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmb
prrt949 wrote:
I was just looking for those as well. I checked here and Kickstarter and nothing yet. Seems like that should be one of the first things on a campaign.

To be fair, the campaign is only in its first 24 hours of infancy. I have seen some take a week, or more, before rules are posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B1ueEyes wrote:
prrt949 wrote:

To be fair, the campaign is only in its first 24 hours of infancy. I have seen some take a week, or more, before rules are posted.

You'd think they'd have it ready before they start the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Power
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
B1ueEyes wrote:
prrt949 wrote:

You'd think they'd have it ready before they start the campaign.

Thank you, I thought it was just me. From what I've seen it looks great, but I can't drop $100 without a gameplay video or rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
CMON runs every campaign more or less the same way. The rulebook is never available at the start. I believe releasing it mid-campaign is a tool to buoy enthusiasm at a time when KS projects see a major slump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where can you find the Rules?

Well they'd better hurry up. I have no idea if this game is right for me and I'm not going to be carrying on with my pledge if I don't see a rulebook (I know I should watch the videos but I prefer to learn a game by reading its rulebook).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Pishnery
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Latest they said is that they are looking at early next week for the rulebook, so I guess that gives everyone a week to decide.

Everyone bags on the video, but it pretty well shows the gameplay described on the campaign page and in the various updates. Not sure how much more the rulebook will tell you about if the game is a good fit for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, as much as I disliked the "personality" of the video, I felt as though I got a pretty decent feel for the rules from it. The full video, that is; less so from the initial abbreviated version. I'm looking forward to looking through the rules to confirm my impressions, of course.

That said, you can always do any of the following if you aren't sure yet:
a) Click the "remind me button" and check for the rules before pledging.
b) Pledge a buck, then use the time before the pledge manager opens to make a decision (I believe they've stated that you'll be able to upgrade your pledge once the pledge manager opens)
c) Don't pledge at all now, but join in with a late pledge later (to my understanding, CMON always allows late pledges until the pledge manager closes)

So no need to feel pressured now. The rules will almost certainly be available by the end of the campaign, and even if they miss that timeframe, options b and c are still available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you read through the updates that describe the various aspects of play, you'll get a really good feel for the rules. I think just about everything has been covered except some of the details for setup; determining how many provinces war each season for example. The gameplay video showed 6 in a 4 player game, so is it # of players +2 each season?

Specifically check out the updates numbered:
9 for political mandates and ally mechanics
14 for details of each clan
17 for details on season cards
23 describes Kami

And game overview:
3 seasons. Each having the steps of:
- tea ceremony (pick allies)
- Pick 7 political mandates, interrupted periodically by Kami phases
- War occurs in provinces
- reset to starting coin, discard all ronin tokens, return kidnapped stuff, set out new season cards, determine new war locations, etc.
Then Count Game end points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skies wrote:
If you read through the updates that describe the various aspects of play, you'll get a really good feel for the rules. I think just about everything has been covered except some of the details for setup; determining how many provinces war each season for example. The gameplay video showed 6 in a 4 player game, so is it # of players +2 each season?

If you look at the high-res map image (http://resources.cmon.com/Board_Hi_Res.png) there's a small notation to show how many provinces battle depending on player count. (5 with 3 players, +1 for each additional player.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Schmidt
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maebon wrote:
skies wrote:

If you look at the high-res map image (http://resources.cmon.com/Board_Hi_Res.png) there's a small notation to show how many provinces battle depending on player count. (5 with 3 players, +1 for each additional player.)

In that case; I think all the 'rules' have been leaked. Just not the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Octavius
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the only thing I'm unsure about is if you use the 'Set B' season cards for Spring, does that mean you use 'Set B' for Summer and Autumn as well? Or is each season selected randomly independent from one another?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.