Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Aaron, Dave & Lincoln play Black Orchestra designed by Philip duBarry and published by Game Salute.

Please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how to run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for playing! We’re happy to see Black Orchestra making the rounds and spreading the joy of killing Hitler (or trying to).

Regarding the rules, as you suspected, there were some late changes that resulted in several inconsistencies, which is unfortunate. However, as part of successfully funding a second edition of the game, we've completely overhauled the rulebook from the ground up. This new rulebook hasn't been finalized yet, but you check the latest draft of it here. Even though some new mechanics and clarifications have been added, you will be able to use the current printing of the game with these new rules.

Good luck in future missions, conspirators, and thanks again for playing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Oh! I SO much wanted to be part of this game & discussion! I would've liked to bring the perspective of a wargamer (and long-ago roleplayer) to the experience. So interesting! Great meta discussion at the end, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting - I have played this a couple of times and while it didn't blow me away, it intrigued me enough that I still own it (unlike most coops!). I don't have 2:30 to watch this, but I may try and catch the discussion at the end.

I'm going to play this with some friends in a few weeks who are keen to see it. Looking forwards to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
Second edition Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Flores
Brazil
Teresina
Piauí
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks amazing! Really hope a Brazillian publisher pick it up to release a Portuguese edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scottish Zombie

Outer Space
msg tools
When there's no more room left in Hell...
badge
We have wee, not-so-wee, and FRIGGIN' HUGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great episode guys. I was on the edge of my seat with you all! Can't wait to pick this one up once the KS pledge manager kicks in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coberly
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is GREAT! I had the privilege of playing it last month at a local convention here in Seattle and I can tell you, it was just as tense and exciting as your episode here. We focused on my plot, loaded me up with all the required materials, cards that gave extra dice, etc... I think I was rolling like 15 dice, needed 4 successes and only got ONE!!!! That was pretty much it for us. I have never had more fun losing. When the kickstarter for the 2nd printing started the next week I instantly backed it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. B. West
United States
Beech Grove
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Why aren't you PLAYING a game?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a daring game that I do want to own. Thanks for taking the time to show it on Game Night!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vee the Great
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
The thing we need is never all that hard to find.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game looks like a wonderful co-op experience! The specific theme means it won't get play in my household, but what a masterpiece otherwise. Felt the same way as Aaron re: the rules, good to hear this is being addressed.

Love games that enhance the theme through elegant mechanics...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
designer
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
badge
http://www.WargamesToGo.com
mbmbmb
Lincoln knows that I watch the beginning & end of GameNight!, skipping the middle part. So I may have missed this in the video: you play with historic conspirators?! That's fantastic. I read a biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer last year, learned about Sophie Scholl, and recently visited the infamous courtyard where von Stauffenberg was executed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkEJohnson wrote:
Lincoln knows that I watch the beginning & end of GameNight!, skipping the middle part. So I may have missed this in the video: you play with historic conspirators?! That's fantastic. I read a biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer last year, learned about Sophie Scholl, and recently visited the infamous courtyard where von Stauffenberg was executed.

Yes, they are historical conspirators. In game play terms they are quite generic, but they do each have a special power and a trait (e.g. Wehrmacht, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Polynesia
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, just catching up with current events regarding this game. A second edition Kickstarter has come and gone, along with the opportunity to purchase an upgrade kit for early adopters. The rules certainly seemed "loose" when I played the game. Shame that I missed out on getting to upgrade. I hope the 2nd edition rules are backwards compatible with the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Wow, just catching up with current events regarding this game. A second edition Kickstarter has come and gone, along with the opportunity to purchase an upgrade kit for early adopters. The rules certainly seemed "loose" when I played the game. Shame that I missed out on getting to upgrade. I hope the 2nd edition rules are backwards compatible with the first edition.

I discovered the same thing when posting the video. I wish I'd known. It must have been short Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cappocchi
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
Arkham Horror, Amun Re, R-ECO, Ora Et Labora, Napoleonic Wars
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a very short KS - 13 days. I thought about backing it but just decided to grab this at retail when the printing arrives. It seems like it'll be widely available at that point, and there were no Kickstarter bonuses or exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Meltzer
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Eight ball, corner pocket
mbmbmbmbmb
Really enjoyed this episode - the theme of this game had me wavering, but you folks really illuminated all of the cool stuff going on in the game. Worth watching the entire 2 1/2 hours. We were just going to watch for a few minutes, but you kept us wanting to know more about how the game was played and whether you made it through!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are so many sessions and live playthroughs that I just can't stand to watch. Technical issues are the main problem, like the audio is bad or I can't see the game board well enough.

You guys have really mastered the production of these playthrough videos. I really feel like I am at the table with you. I love being able to see so much of the game and yet see the people playing the game. Your facial expressions, your interactions with each other really enhance the experience. Vastly superior (really no comparison) to watching the back of a head or no faces at all like some videos out there.

You guys are the best to watch and you never cease to amaze me in how you can turn me around on a game that I thought I had no interest in. I never look at the length of these videos and think "geez I don't want to watch for 2 and a half hours". I am always riveted all the way through and the time flies just like I was playing the game myself.

Love what you do. Keep it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.