Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Rising Sun» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Godzilla!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only $20,000 to go . . . anyone else really like Daikaiju?!?!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it looks pretty sweet. Actually really impressed with every mini, while we're at it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
Avatar
mb
jeffwagner wrote:
Only $20,000 to go . . . anyone else really like Daikaiju?!?!
Glad you made a new thread for this!
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwagner wrote:
Only $20,000 to go . . . anyone else really like Daikaiju?!?!


Wish he was to scale lol
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't it offense anyone?
6 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually if offends me! It is so stereo-typical - making a Japanese themed game and then making a Godzilla mini!! The nerve!!

[I like all the minis but really love some of them]
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andi Kasper
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you guys make a new topic for every piece of information to keep this game in the hotness list??? This is stupid let's not do that
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How else can you keep different topics separated? Should I have put it under the required complaint about under boobs? (A needed and very relevant topic despite this game having nothing of the kind)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
Avatar
mb
jeffwagner wrote:
How else can you keep different topics separated? Should I have put it under the required complaint about under boobs? (A needed and very relevant topic despite this game having nothing of the kind)
No, you should have put it in a text message and not posted on BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I think it looks pretty sweet. Actually really impressed with every mini, while we're at it.


It's a pity that the minis in the game won't have the same quality as those you see on those photos. I mean, they'll still be great minis, but they won't be THAT good.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Because God forbid someone shows his enthusiasm for a Board Game on BGG and offend the sensibilities of "real" boardgamers who sniff their noses at the plebes who like shiny miniatures!!!


Jeez, you don't like people posting about their enthusiasm about Rising Sun in the Rising Sun forums because it raises the hotness level of the game.

It's Hot, it's New, People flock to it, that's life.

Get over it.


Sorry for blowing a gasket! devil
11 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
Avatar
mb
Warwolf42 wrote:
Because God forbid someone shows his enthusiasm for a Board Game on BGG and offend the sensibilities of "real" boardgamers who sniff their noses at the plebes who like shiny miniatures!!!


Jeez, you don't like people posting about their enthusiasm about Rising Sun in the Rising Sun forums because it raises the hotness level of the game.

It's Hot, it's New, People flock to it, that's life.

Get over it.


Sorry for blowing a gasket! devil
I wouldn't say anything if there weren't a dozen of these threads just saying, "Rising Sun is doing well!" "Rising Sun is making money" "Look how much money it raised!"

... they don't all need to be new threads.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
meeple Yes I like him, and I laughed when I saw him. Because Mr. Lang is using mostly traditional creatures but ones which resonate will well known other beloved creatures, even from other national myths. Which is just fine by me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
phildinius wrote:
Warwolf42 wrote:
Because God forbid someone shows his enthusiasm for a Board Game on BGG and offend the sensibilities of "real" boardgamers who sniff their noses at the plebes who like shiny miniatures!!!


Jeez, you don't like people posting about their enthusiasm about Rising Sun in the Rising Sun forums because it raises the hotness level of the game.

It's Hot, it's New, People flock to it, that's life.

Get over it.


Sorry for blowing a gasket! devil
I wouldn't say anything if there weren't a dozen of these threads just saying, "Rising Sun is doing well!" "Rising Sun is making money" "Look how much money it raised!"

... they don't all need to be new threads.


This one doesn't say that, it shows enthusiasm for the next stretch goal mini that is pretty freakin cool BTW.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When I called him "Godzilla" I had not even seen the text:

Daikaiju Godzilla - This impressive monster roams the oceans, staying away from the provinces until War starts and it may suddenly decide to shuffle inland and wreak havoc.

Only $10,000 to go for Godzilla!!

(First day total was about $500,000 ahead of Massive Darkness; RS rules!!)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You know it's physically possible to NOT click on a thread you don't like? It's weird but you can try it. The scroll wheel will actually allow you to continue past the thread down to other threads.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mroseksi wrote:
Forget Godzilla.... GIVE US HARAMBE!


Is the idea that if you spam this into enough threads it will start to be funny?
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
I think it looks pretty sweet. Actually really impressed with every mini, while we're at it.


Just wait until they include the Raymond Burr miniature.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
United States
Rocky Hill
CT
flag msg tools
To be vulnerable ...
badge
... is needed most of all.
Avatar
mb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
You know it's physically possible to NOT click on a thread you don't like? It's weird but you can try it. The scroll wheel will actually allow you to continue past the thread down to other threads.
Excellent use of irony.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see you're still here posting in this thread you supposedly hate. Practicing masochism?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
terry chang
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wish godzilla is the final SG instead
with an amazing 100cm scale!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wagner
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Godzilla!!
Godzilla!!
Godzilla!!
UNLOCKED! WOO!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
jeffwagner wrote:
Only $20,000 to go . . . anyone else really like Daikaiju?!?!


Wish he was to scale lol


This resonates with my initial reaction upon seeing this stretch goal: "Seems awfully small for a kaiju. I guess its a baby?"

Immediately followed by: "Why are they putting a kaiju in this game?"

Closely followed by: "Oh well. Whatever. Not like someone is going to force me to play with the kaiju. It's their game. Let them do what they want with it. Who am I to argue with the marketing geniuses that are CMON?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
Favor Euros + Ameritrash, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Don't forget to have fun!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And now Plastic Fortresses and enhanced Turtle Fortresses were added. I saw someone suggesting the turtles in particular. Both seem great. Here's hoping we reach them!

From a question I asked the team I know there are going to be Kickstarter Exclusive add ons later, so I'm assuming we'll overshoot these new stretch goals by far.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
boardgamesdotEXE wrote:
And now Plastic Fortresses and enhanced Turtle Fortresses were added. I saw someone suggesting the turtles in particular. Both seem great. Here's hoping we reach them!


Really?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.