Subject: All Star Cast - can be used as its own attachment? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
A question came up last night. All Star Cast says to play when Developing a Show or when Attaching a Star. The question was whether you already having to be attaching ANOTHER star when you play this card and add two more.

Example:
I have a developed show that has a prequisite of a star, which is of course already filled because I developed it. Later, can I play All Star Cast to attach two (otherwise not allowed) stars to this show?

The reason I was confused about it is that, technically, you can't take the Attach a Star action on this show. So since I can't take that action, I assume I can't use this card "when attaching a star". But it's quite possible I'm being too literal and the wording is just imperfect (I couldn't think of a better one that wouldn't be a half-page).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Hova
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
A question came up last night. All Star Cast says to play when Developing a Show or when Attaching a Star. The question was whether you already having to be attaching ANOTHER star when you play this card and add two more.

Example:
I have a developed show that has a prequisite of a star, which is of course already filled because I developed it. Later, can I play All Star Cast to attach two (otherwise not allowed) stars to this show?

The reason I was confused about it is that, technically, you can't take the Attach a Star action on this show. So since I can't take that action, I assume I can't use this card "when attaching a star". But it's quite possible I'm being too literal and the wording is just imperfect (I couldn't think of a better one that wouldn't be a half-page).

Yeah, this was a tricky card to word. But yes, you may use this card during an Attach Show action to attach 2 stars onto a Show that has no available Star slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.