Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to clear up the final stages in a solo game. The rules say no matter who fills the evolution track, the player gets one last turn. So the player could have two turns in a row if they are the one to finish the track? Or does the dummy player still get a last roll after the track is filled?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
I have played 3 solo games and still have not won. The second time I got lucky and only 6 matter tokens were collected by the dice but the best I was able to do was 75 points.

The way that I have been playing it is that if you fill the last spot then you take the final turn of placing Final Evolution cards right then, just like you would do in a normal game. If the dice place the last matter token tile, you can still take a normal turn BUT only Final Evolution cards can be played.

I don't see how you can get a "double turn" out of that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my one game I was one movement point away from my better final evo. which would have won, I had a crazy fast game with a target score of 44.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dann May
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hi! Pleased to meet you.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just like a normal game. Whoever places the token in the final space, that is their Final Turn right then. And then the other players get to play a Final Turn. So if you place the token in the final space, that turn you can play your Final Cards, and then the Virtual player would roll again. If the Virtual player places the token that triggers the Final Turn, then you'd have your turn after that, and the game ends.

You don't ever get two turns in a row, in the regular or the solo game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Booth
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thanks for making it idiot proof. My second game was a tie, but I guess I had an extra turn so wow, this game is challenging!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Forby
msg tools
Ah, I totally missed the fact that for each overturned matter token that is collected by the "Virtual Player" it lowers the target score. No wonder why I always Lost. But then again my other error was not moving ALL the planets of the orbit rolled and lower. I only moved the one orbit, if there was a planet there.

These make big differences. Interesting, I may have won one of the 6 solo games that I played.

Live and learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.