BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Looking for another dice game like Qwixx and Qwinto. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Looking for another small and portable dice game like Qwixx and Qwinto where the active player rolls the dice but the other players also get to use some of them. I like how players are always engaged because they always get a choice even when it's not their turn. Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Heath-Renn
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
235689KA
badge
Content Generation For A New Generation
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolling Japan and Rolling America are very similar to Qwixx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Gallardo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Extra! - In this case, everyone uses the same dice equally on each turn; it doesn't matter who rolls the dice. Very easy to improvise (as I don't think it's easily available in North America).

Mosaix - The active player makes a Tetris shape from the four dice rolled, then all players must place this piece onto their personal grid. A little bit of downtime as you must wait for the active player to arrange the dice. Harder to improvise as the game comes with custom dice. Unfortunately, also hard to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both Qwixx and Qwinto quite a bit but was completely underwhelmed by Rolling America. For a quick portable where all players remain involved I quite like Zooloretto: The Dice Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OctoDice is similar, but the other players can't follow every die roll - they have to be choosy about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Prather
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the reason for your portability needs, you could pear Dice Town down to just the 5 dice per person, the cards and small gold nuggets. The board and cups are nice, but unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about Machi Koro? One person rolls and everyone (usually) gets to do something.

Edit - scratch that, MK is not too portable - but similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to remove that KS link - KS links are not allowed in the general forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Würfel Bohnanza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
rayzg wrote:
Extra! - In this case, everyone uses the same dice equally on each turn; it doesn't matter who rolls the dice. Very easy to improvise (as I don't think it's easily available in North America).

Mosaix - The active player makes a Tetris shape from the four dice rolled, then all players must place this piece onto their personal grid. A little bit of downtime as you must wait for the active player to arrange the dice. Harder to improvise as the game comes with custom dice. Unfortunately, also hard to find.

Forgot to mention that I also backed Can't Stop Express which is pretty much the same thing as Extra!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pee di Moor
Netherlands
Rotterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Noch mal! (2016) is the one your looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.